Advertisement

Photo

VSL #3 causing gas/D/cramps/bad smell - is this normal?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave1111

Dave1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Advertisement
I have IBS-D and started taking VSL #3 two days ago. Last night I had terrible gas, woke up with severe cramps and have had very bad D which is foul smelling. I don’t usually get gas/cramps/foul smelling stools (D is my main problem).I was wondering whether this was a good or a bad sign? I had heard someone say that this may be due to the “bad” bacteria being killed off (and so is a transient problem). Has anyone had this before and is it worth persisting with this probiotic?

Advertisement

#2 cooldude

cooldude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

WHEN I TOOK 2 CAPS PER DAY...I EXPERIENCED SOME GAS AND LOOSE STOOLS IN THE BEGINNING ...NOW I AM VERY OKAY WITH MY CURRENT DOSAGE OF 1 CAP PER DAY ALONG WITH 1 CAP PER DAY OF COLOSTRUM POWDER...SINCE LAST 4 WEEKS MY bMS HaVE BEEN PERFECT.....no diarrhea,,,no constipation...no feeling of incomplete evacuation...i am pretty normal like before,,,,,i ate choclates and cream cookies but did not get D...just a little more gas may be....but pretty normal...its all over the internet that IBS-PI resolves after 3-4 years after infection....from 2010 i have been getting bad BMS...but since last 5 months i am healing and getting normal BMS most of the time....So i think i might be on the path of getting better and getting rid of this IBS for good...

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here