#1 GUTted

GUTted

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Advertisement
Hi folks, does anyone know of any medicines/remedies that relax your bowel so you go to the toilet less without dehydrating you? I have taken loperamide/Imodium for many years now for my urgency problems, though I don't have IBS-D and all I really need is something to slow my guts down, not dehydrate them.
Cheers

Advertisement

#2 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,197 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Try Peppermint capsules, peppermint tea or even strong peppermints (Like Altoids). Peppermint is a natural antispasmodic. However it isn't recommended for those with GERD.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 GUTted

GUTted

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how peppermint works compared to mebeverine?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here