#1 GUTted

GUTted

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Advertisement
Hi folks, does anyone know of any medicines/remedies that relax your bowel so you go to the toilet less without dehydrating you? I have taken loperamide/Imodium for many years now for my urgency problems, though I don't have IBS-D and all I really need is something to slow my guts down, not dehydrate them.
Cheers

Advertisement

#2 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,854 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Try Peppermint capsules, peppermint tea or even strong peppermints (Like Altoids). Peppermint is a natural antispasmodic. However it isn't recommended for those with GERD.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 GUTted

GUTted

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how peppermint works compared to mebeverine?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here