2 replies to this topic

#1 thatgirlkatie

thatgirlkatie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Advertisement
Hi, I'm Katie. I'm in 8th grade, and today all of the sudden I've been passing gas almost constantly,and the smell is retched, my stomach js also hurting too, I also keep feeling like I have to go to the bathroom but nothing comes out. I'm really nervous that I have IBM, but I refuse to get my blood tested, and I feel like it would just be really awkward to go the the doctor or tell my parents. I don't want people to think I'm just really gross and smelly! could it be because yesterday was thanksgiving? help!

Advertisement

#2 thePIXEL

thePIXEL

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Is this just a one off or does it keep happening?
There's no shame in letting your parents know, chances are they'll want to help you.

#3 GUTted

GUTted

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

You get really bad smelling wind when you can't digest something properly, so it's likely that you ate something you're a bit sensitive to. If you're anything like me then a lot of sugary food or food that ferments in the gut will give you bad smelling wind.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here