#1 GUTted

GUTted

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Advertisement
Just wondering if anyone's moved home/bought a new house since having IBS and how it's affected your decision making, if at all? I want to move but my IBS is really affecting my decision making.

Advertisement

#2 marky mark

marky mark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

I've not as yet, but need to.I can appreciate the "nowhere feels right" and reluctance to experience the stress of moving, since these things are amplified with ibs - is that where you're at?

#3 GUTted

GUTted

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

My dilema is that I'd like to buy somewhere in the middle of nowhere, but I work in the centre of town and I don't want a long drive to work in the mornings cos that's when my IBS is at it's worst, so I'm looking at areas close to town that I'm not keen on. On top of that I hate my job and I don't want to buy a house in an area I'm not keen on for the sake of an easy commute to a job I hate...but at the same time they understand my condition at work and are pretty flexible with me, which is the reason I stay there.

Same old scenario of IBS completely dictating what I can and can't do with my life. Woo hoo.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here