Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Advertisement
Wanted to start a topic about

People being in relationship with someone who has ibs

and someone who suffers friend ibs how do you manage to start a relationship, stay in the relationship and is your partner understand?

CW
CW_2009

Advertisement

#2 tinh

tinh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

I'm not in a relationship and so I have no idea, but I know a couple who are and they both suffer from it so there is a mutual empathy and they have two toilets!

Maybe there could be a dating site for IBS !

#3 nick1984

nick1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hey,

It would be my dream to find a woman with chronic IBS-D so drinking, eating and being together is not a total stress. Now that's not a pick up line I've ever heard in the movies before!

best,

B

#4 storyofmylife

storyofmylife

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hey,

It would be my dream to find a woman with chronic IBS-D so drinking, eating and being together is not a total stress. Now that's not a pick up line I've ever heard in the movies before!

best,

B

You deserve a prize for this joke :)

Everytime I find the key to success, some IDIOT changes the lock. mad.gif

#5 NotNormal

NotNormal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm fortunate I started dating my husband when my symptoms weren't bad but lately they have been.  Sometimes I like to stay home and cook at home, and he's fine with that as he also prefers staying close to home.  I would say there are people out there that are understanding even if they can't understand the pain and symptoms.  If I was dating now and had symptoms, I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to have to tell someone you can't go out for dinner or for a long drive.

#6 IBS-Doc

IBS-Doc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

Has anyone actualy started a dating website for IBS sufferers?? Because I would love that, I mean I would set it up but I am not IT savvy at all, I am only 22 years old and I would certainly benefit from it, like me there are almost 800 million people world wide who could benefit from it, would be fantastic not to have to explain your debilitating condition. I have seen some other discussions regarding this matter so if others want to make an effort we should set it up, it will help many of us who suffer in silence to be encouraged and see that we as a community are together and looking to make life easier for one another. They might even come forward and join. I hope I get enough response and enthusiasm so this issue goes forward. I mean around 10-15% of the human population has some form of IBS, that is plenty of singles who have no choice, this would be great if we could make it happen.

#7 NefNef

NefNef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

You deserve a prize for this joke smile.png

hahaha i think exactly same way, coz really, its a huige problem,at least for me to be the one who i am, and run at the toilet for 20 min after meals,and my partner maybe will get bored in the end for this..

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here