annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Advertisement
it's here--hooray!!!

just got done talking to my pharmacy--cvs--and they told me they do have linzess in stock.

next i called my insurance company (an hmo) since of course i can't afford to pay out of pocket for it. they told me linaclotide is "not a covered service" --which i expected--they don't want to pay for anything---but if my gastro submits a prior authorization their review board will "consider it".

i have colonic inertia and linzess is my last hope. if it doesn't work, then it's surgery. i should tell that to the insurance company--lol. the med is a whole lot cheaper for them to pay for than surgery!

good luck everyone--hope you can all get your hands on it soon.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

#2 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Please let me know how it works for you once you start.

#3 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

i will, Nicole, but it might be a while. i'm going to wait til my gastro's office calls with the samples. i have a much better chance of getting my insurance company to approve it if i first try the samples and then--if it works--i can prove to them it works for me. no way can i pay out of pocket for this.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#4 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

here's a helpful link-- prescribing info for linzess:

http://www.frx.com/pi/LINZESS_pi.pdf

#5 dt1070

dt1070

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I have been waiting!!!!! thank you for posting!!! Asking your doctor for the samples while he writes up an override is great. It will take them a bit to review and then at least you can see if it will even work. That's what I'm hoping for as well. I will be calling my GI tomorrow! I don't have any other options either and have been at my wits ends lately---good for about a month and now back to chaos. We have a PPO insurance so we'll see what they say. I'll keep in touch and hope you do the same!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

#6 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

oh yes--thanks--i'll be sure and post when my gastro finally gets the samples in.

and good luck to you as well! wishing you all the best.

#7 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

My doctor just called in Linzess for me. he says he doubts insurance will cover it and that without coverage, it's $900 a month! I hope it's covered. The Amitiza is making me feel all around awful, and it's not helping the constipation.

#8 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

omg!! $900 a month--wow!

yes i do hope insurance covers it for you. at that price, i doubt very much if my insurance will cover it for me--mine just doesn't pay for expensive meds like that--especially new ones---unless of course they are for something that the insurance company considers truly vital and necessary for life. that's what the insurance agent told me when they cut me off zelnorm and refused to pay for it after six months. i tried to explain that zelnorm was necessary for my quality of life but they didn't care. appeals and claims did not help.

anyway--that's great your doc called it in for you! good for you! hope it works and that insurance covers it! good luck!.

#9 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

My insurance covered it! It's going to be $45 per month. Not bad, esp. considering that I;m spending well over $100 for everything else I buy for my condition. I'm going to review the side effects and pick up on Saturday morning. Do you know of anyone who has used it with success?

#10 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

oh, Nicole--that's wonderful that your insurance paid for it!! you must have very good insurance-good for you! congratulations! how exciting!

no, i don't know anyone at all who has tried it yet--it's so new...

fingers crossed it works for you! good luck!

#11 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Thanks, Annie. I am now wondering if I was prescribed the wrong dosage. I got the 145 mcg and wonder if I should have gotten the 290 mcg.
IBS C-145 mcg
CIC (chronic idiopathic constipation) 290 mcg
I'm not sure which I have since my issue is pelvic floor related. Any clue?

Is it called something else in Europe? Would love to look at reviews. I'll let you know how it goes once I start.

#12 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

I see that it's called Constella in Europe. I don't see any reviews for it under that name though.

#13 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

HI Nicole. yes i know there are the two different doses but i've no idea which would be the right one for your situation. hopefully your doc will know. or just try one and if that doesn't work, try another..

there has been a linaclotide thread going over on the AGMD GI motility disorders support board. people there are trying to get it but so far no one has posted that they've tried it:

http://www.inspire.c...on/linaclotide/

good luck! i'm so happy for you!

#14 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Thanks, Annie. One person who did the trial posted their results, and that was good to read.

#15 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

re linzess price--i live in michigan, just outside ann arbor. i asked cvs today about how much linzess would cost me if i have to pay out of pocket for it and the pharm tech said it would cost me $293 and some change for a thirty day supply--same price no matter which dose strength it is.

still waiting on the gastro's office to get their samples in. and still praying my hmo will decide to cover it if it works for me..

#16 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I am hoping for you, and I am hoping that it helps me! I start tomorrow. I think the Amitiza did something awful to me. I was so sick this week. I had a horrible, painful blockage that took days to pass. I missed two days of work. I so badly want to live a normal life, but it's getting tough. I was doing pretty well until I started that stupid Amitiza.

#17 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

so sorry you got so ill, Nicole.

yes i want so badly to live a normal life, too. and yes, it is hard.

good luck tomorrow!so glad you were able to get your script filled. i read the post of that person who did the trial and oh yes, it is encouraging!

#18 stressedmess

stressedmess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'm really excited to hear the reviews on Linaclotide. Please come back to the boards and let us know how its working for you :)!

What person on inspired.com website posted about their trial results? because i'd love to start reading some reviews!

#19 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

here's the post--under "linaclotide update": (maybe you've found it by now)

http://www.inspire.c...ge=last#replies

there's some people over there trying it today so i'm sure they're be more reviews coming up.

sure wish my gastro would get his samples in soon. i just can't afford to pay out of pocket and he doesn't think my insurance will approve it unless i am successful with trying the samples first.frustrating...oh well--good opportunity to cultivate patience i guess--lol.

#20 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

and also--on this board--spaceneedle participated in a clinical trial on linaclotide. he/she had good results--also encouraging. as are all the reports on the clinical trials and especially Dr Chey's study:

http://www.ibsgroup....udy-going-well/

http://health.usnews...-bowel-syndrome

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here