selly75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with SIBO and candida. I have received two different diets from two doctors. Candida diet includes e.g. grains, fibre and Sibo diet eliminates those. I really do not know how to cure that. I noticed, that I feel better when I have less fiber in my food. On the other hand it is hard to go to the toilet. My the only symptom is gas, a lot of gas. I am afraid when I go on Sibo diet my candida gets worse.

I was thinking about Vivonex but I read that it is not good for Candida. What's the reason for that?

Does anyone have any experience or ideas with treatment Sibo and Candida?

Which one I should treat first? Or maybe together?

I would appreciate your help.

IBS over 15 years. Diagnosed with SIBO in 2011.

Advertisement

#2 clarettennis

clarettennis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi Selly,

Was wondering how your doing? I also have been diagnosed with Candida and SIBO and also questioning doing the Elemental diet but do worry about making the candida much worse.. 

Would love to hear if you have made any progress and obviously it would be good to get a dialogue going together. Your not alone!

Best wishes 

Jamie

#3 Tiger337

Tiger337

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

What about a low carb diet with lots of fats, some protein, some veggies?

#4 Dianaearnshaw

Dianaearnshaw

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Please have a look at my blog:
http://bit.ly/101zQgR

This plan assists with both issues and it is usually possible to recover completely. Tough but worth it!

Have a look at my website for more nutritional info.

Diana
My website: www.yourgoodhealth-naturally.co.uk

#5 selly75

selly75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thank you all of them for response and support. I have looked at Diana's recommendations. Unfortunately I am eggs intolerant. I feel also bad after having chicken as well. Maybe I would try beef stock?
IBS over 15 years. Diagnosed with SIBO in 2011.

#6 Dianaearnshaw

Dianaearnshaw

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Hi again. It is such a shame that nutritious foods can cause problems and therefore puts people off trying. The thing is, once the unfriendly stuff in your gut has gone, you will be able to tolerate more foods. (Not of course if they are allergies!) It is possible to overcome almost all sensitivities eventually.
This lady was sensitive to everything when I met her! (BTW, the paper got it wrong - it was not allergies!) She did the plan and ate eggs after a very short time with no problem. Two years on - she has eggs for breakfast every day!

http://dailym.ai/w3zQzu

Diana
My website: www.yourgoodhealth-naturally.co.uk

#7 hadenuff29

hadenuff29

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hi,

I have been through the same thing. From my years of personal experience. I'd stay well clear of eggs they will not help your digestion, in fact they will do quite the opposite. Half the issue is that you more than likely have had a lifetime of constipation. I'd be working hard to bowel cleanse first through diet,  herbs and colonics. I agree with leaving out all the grains, they are hard to digest and will sit in your colon too long and ferment and putrefy thus feeding the bacteria/parasites. Steer well clear of all dairy. I'd also stick to a low fat diet, this also includes good healthy natural fats like avocados. If you have SIBO you have liver issues too, the fats are too much to soon. You will not get rid of Candida on a high natural fat diet. Add avos in down the track. Stay away from nuts too. Eat lots and lots of green and as many colours of the rainbow salads an veggies as you can eat. Eat some low sugar fruits which will help in cleaning out the bowels. Start with small amount and build up. When the bowel starts elimnating a few times a day and you clean out all the rubbish all the balance should come back. Things always get worse before they get better, so remain strong  and trust the process. Lemon squeezed in warm water every morning when you wake up will fire up the peristaltic action of the bowel. Chia soaked overnight in water is also an awesome bulking supplement which will help to clean out your bowels...Good luck

mytummytantrum.com

#8 DbabyWallace

DbabyWallace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

Bacteria feed off of sugar. I would do the SIBO diet. The other diet is feeding bacteria exactly what they want and they will MULTIPLY on this diet. I'm so sorry you are getting conflicting medical opinoins. Bless your heart. Doctors merely give opinoins. I think it's great you are seeking other peoples experiences. Keep researching, you will get the answers you need. But I would really really really stay away from grains and even fruits. They are metabolized into sugars immediately and get that bacteria multiplying. Hang in there! God Bless. 

#9 commtr

commtr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Doubtful there is a single cure that works for everybody. But the following post has a good list of things to try (with explanations): http://www.t-nation....what_you_absorb

To that, I would add enteric coated peppermint gel caps: peppermint is a mild antibiotic as well as a relaxant to the intestinal muscles.

#10 catbone01

catbone01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

diagnosed with SIBO after two bouts with colon cancer.....cancer free now but the gas, pain, foul odor, diarrhea, constipation and never, ever feeling empty have drained me of the joy i feel to be cancer free.  Started the specific carbohydrate diet - SCD - 2 months ago,  but as with every other thing I've tried... it works initially then all symptoms return. i have no inflammation which is amazing....but still depressing because there is no magic pill.  The proper food combining diet worked the longest...but not anymore.  Sticking with the scd for now because it makes sense to eliminate sugars and grains in order that the bacteria doesnt grow.  otherwise healthy....thank God...gonna be 60 this year - working full time and salsa dancing whenever i can! The only thing i havent tried is hypnosis....Anyone?

#11 Swan5

Swan5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

Have you tried horopito for candida?  It's a plant native to New Zealand that's sold under the Kolorex brand. It comes highly recommended.

#12 laineyk

laineyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

can't help you with Candida, but I know SIBO needs to be treated with antibiotic. Had SIBO and it mirrors all the symptoms of IBS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet, medication

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here