#1 AIRPLANE

AIRPLANE

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Advertisement

This is a very thorough new book about GI disorders- it is new this year from Rodale Books. Dr. Lipski is a clinical nutritionist. She goes into great detail about  many different GI disorders- from the mouth on down. She gives a list of recommended tests and suggested treatments for each issue. It gives you a good idea of how many different issues overlap (like leaky gut) and includes non-GI issues like arthritis and fibromyalgia as well as others .She provides suggestions for supplements- some of which I've never heard of. Probiotics and L-glutamine are mentioned often.

I found it to be a very interesting and informative book- one that I will probably be using as a 'reference book' for quite awhile. Great book if you're looking for information on supplements as well as understanding how/why some things happen.

Advertisement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here