20 replies to this topic

#21 Supreme

Supreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:09 AM

Advertisement
I am new here so would like to day hi to everyone. I am 39 years male my problem started 12 years ago and like everyone diagnosed with IBS, i had all the symptoms mentoined by everyone add to that palpitations anxiety and all the other unpleasant symptoms. I had my first colonoscopy and endoscopy in 2011 which came perfectly normal, i had all sort of treatments medications like duspatalin, antidepressants, herbal and probiotics nothing worked whatsoever. Last year i went for another colonoscopy because i was in a mess and life became miserable, after the colonoscopy the doc told me my colon was perfectly normal with no sign of inflammation but he told me he took some biopsies in order to rule out some sort of inflammation that can not be detected by bare eyes only under microscope, and doctors do not normally pay attention to it. It turned out that i am having microscopic colitis responsible of all my suffering, he put me on anti inflammatory drug called Pentasa and it worked fine for me and since long time i had normal shape BM with normal consistency i get problems when i eat triggers such as onion or fibre rich vegs. I recommend to you all when you go for colonoscopy for biopsies to be taken to rule out microscopic colitis. Wish you all good health

Advertisement

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: left side ache, ibs-c, dull ache, abdominal and back pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here