Advertisement

Photo

My Health Profile

conditions symptoms treatments prescription medicine otc supplements profile my health profile

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Advertisement

(Originally posted in our July 2013 newsletter: http://www.ibsgroup....July192013.html)

Wouldn't it be nice to find other members in our 55,000+ IBS Group community that specifically share some of your symptoms, treatments or supplements?

We quietly introduced My Health Profile at the same time we simplified the registration process last month  All new member registrations have optionally been able to share health information with a new feature called My Health Profile. Now we are ready to announce it to existing members.

My Health Profile is optional information about your health that you can choose to share with other IBS Group members.  Like your regular Member profile, your Health Profile is only visible and searchable by registered IBS Group Members.  All information entered  is subject and protected by our Privacy Statement.

My Health Profile has seven (7) categories:

1. IBS Type
  2. Additional Conditions
  3. Symptoms
  4. Treatments
  5. Prescription Medications
  6. Over-the-Counter Remedies
  7. Supplements

In order to choose options for your own Health Profile, visit your profile.  To visit your profile, after signing in, click your name on the top right of the screen, followed by My Profile from the dropdown box.

My_profile.png

From your profile view, click Edit_profile.png  You will be presented with your profile selections and a new area below with choices for your Health Profile. Remember to click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen after you have made your selections.  You can come back to edit your Health Profile as often as you like.

Signed in Members can view your Health Profile directly from your profile or by clicking the My Health Profile dropdown arrow in each posting that you make.

My_dropdown.png

Registered signed in members can also search for other members based on any category option.  To search, click Social from the navigation bar, followed by Members.

Each category is rather self explanatory with options for each.   You choose how much or how little you would like to share in each category in your profile.

We are very excited to add this new feature which will further provide an option for Members to seek other Members who may be able to provide support or guidance for their medical conditions.

Thanks for being a part of the IBS Self Help and Support Group community.

Jeffrey Roberts
Founder, IBS Self Help and Support Group

My_options.png  My_health_profile.png

Advertisement

#2 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,293 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Advertisement

We added EnteraGam to Prescription Medications today.

EnteraGam is an exciting new medical food for IBS-D.  We can't wait to hear about experiences with this.

#3 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,293 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Advertisement

We added PDV-IBS and Diverticulitis to the IBS Type and Additional Conditions today.

UCLA researchers described a new form of irritable bowel syndrome called called post-diverticulitis irritable bowel syndrome (PDV–IBS).

http://newsroom.ucla...new-248195.aspx

#4 Moises

Moises

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Advertisement

Jeffrey,

How do you recommend this profile be used? Should it reflect, for example, the treatments we are currently using, or should it reflect everything we have ever tried?

Thanks,

Moises

#5 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,293 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Advertisement

That's a good question about how to use the health profile.

I have been using mine based on my current treatment.  I think that is most relevant.

Jeff

#6 Moises

Moises

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Advertisement

Thanks.

#7 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,293 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

Advertisement

We added several diets to the My Health Profile today.

Under Treatments you may now also select one or more of the following:

Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet (GAPS)
Paleo Diet
Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)
Vegan Diet
Vegetarian Diet

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conditions, symptoms, treatments, prescription, medicine, otc, supplements, profile, my health profile

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here