Endoscopy after effects are worrying me - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Endoscopy after effects are worrying me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 homestar

homestar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

I had a colonoscopy/upper endoscopy done earlier today (a few hours ago). While I felt pretty good afterwards, I now am having some strange symptoms. My throat is sore, which is normal, but I feel fullness in my stomach and up along my esophagus. It almost feels like bloating or burning. I also have a pain in the right side of my chest that seems muscular/skeletal, since I also feel it in my back. But it's worrying me. I have gotten muscle cramps in the past that connect from my upper back to my chest, but I can't really tell if that's what's happening.

I did eat right after being let out, when I was feeling okay. I wonder if this has contributed to these symptoms. I'm also wondering if this is at all normal. I'm pretty exhausted and haven't had an opportunity to sleep yet, but I'm also nervous.

Thanks for any insights.

-Jen

#2 homestar

homestar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

For anyone interested, I'm fine after drinking water and trying to relax (and getting some sleep). I think the discomfort I was feeling was indeed muscular/skeletal issues caused from being in a stationary position, on my side, while under full anesthesia. 

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here