#1 StressedOutIBSer

StressedOutIBSer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Advertisement

Hello All :)!
So I have been living with IBS for about 3 months, I am currently 16 and have to attend school 5 days a week, this is a near impossible task with my IBS. 
The main Symptons I show are:
- Excessive Gas
- Diarrhea 
- Stomach Growls
- Anxiety.
All these symptoms conflict with my school, work and social life. On a normal school day I will have a BM: in the morning, at first lunch, at second lunch and finally one right before gym. (Total ~4 a day) Having a BM temporarily relieves the gas and stomach growling but only for a little while. I get extreme anxiety in quiet situations, thinking my stomach might randomly go off. Because of this i have not been succeeding to my full potential at school.
Medication i am currently on:
- Gastro Health, Probiotic
- Multivitamin
- St. Johns Wort
- Zinc Tablets
Important to note also that I am currently trying out the low FODMAP diet, with little success (seems im intolerant to just about everything)  

Can anyone relate to this issue? Has anyone succeeded in curing the symptons?
Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Advertisement

#2 MVD011244

MVD011244

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

All I can tell you is that 2 Phillips good fiber gummies and 1 package of Metamucil wafers (there are 2 thin cookies, like ginger snaps in package) and my life changed. I do not have the urgency or the gas problems or diarrhea anymore. Try it and see, nothing else has worked and I have suffered for 20 years. This at least will cause no side effects and if it doesn't help you have nothing to lose. But, it is worth a shot, make sure you eat the wafers with water or some liquid because they taste kind of dry. Good luck, it is a miserable disease and Doctors think that it is in your head.

#3 AmyLouise97

AmyLouise97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hi there!

Your symptoms are nearly all the same ones i have ... Im the same age as you and still go to school too! In school if im in a quiet classroom I start to tense up and get shaky (anxiety starting to kick in) and when im holding in the gas, it makes a loud groan/high-pitched noise and feels like it goes back up the way ... so embarrassing! It causes so much pain as well. Ive had IBS for 4 years but is recently taking over everything I do. Do you get it when you go to the toilet it is mostly gas when you get a flare up? Also when you have a flare up, once you have a BM it is still sore, even though it normally goes away? And do you get very gassy/ painful when you havent had anything to eat? Sorry for bombarding you with questions. Just hard to find someone with the exact same thing! I know your pain, chin up! xx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gas, Growl, Stomach, Rumble, FODMAP, IBS, Anxiety, School

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here