#1 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

Advertisement

My colon hydrotherapist told me that many of her clients who suffer from chronic constipation have had great results using HCL. I might try it. I found this article today http://www.naturalne..._remedies.html#

Advertisement

#2 Arzu Caydere

Arzu Caydere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

is it possible to get hcl from pharmacies? do we need prescription from a doctor to get hcl?

#3 IndianRopeTrick

IndianRopeTrick

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

My colon hydrotherapist told me that many of her clients who suffer from chronic constipation have had great results using HCL. I might try it. I found this article today http://www.naturalne..._remedies.html#

This looks like spam. Could you please tell us what is this thing ? Is it some compound of HCl (acid) and how it might help ? I suggest that people avoid clicking links on such posts without hesitation, regardless of the number of posts and rep of the OP. 

When will my intestines learn to behave ? excl.png

#4 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

i just looked it up on webmd:

http://www.webmd.com...E HYDROCHLORIDE

i really don't think this would be a good idea for anyone to take without at first consulting their doctor. also i don't think it would be good to take if you already have GERD (reflux) like i do.

and there was this warning as well from webmd:

Peptic ulcer disease: There is a concern that the hydrochloric acid produced from betaine hydrochloride might irritate stomach ulcers or keep them from healing.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 someguy79

someguy79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

I had GERD/Gastritis and I got it almost 100% fixed with Gastro-Ven.

I am now taking PR-Digest + HCL and it seems to workout pretty well.

You are right though, a Doctor should be consulted on this.

#6 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Thanks, everyone. I read a bunch of reviews, and it seems that I should talk to someone before taking HCL. Now, to find a decent gastro doc! 

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here