#1 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

Advertisement

My colon hydrotherapist told me that many of her clients who suffer from chronic constipation have had great results using HCL. I might try it. I found this article today http://www.naturalne..._remedies.html#

Advertisement

#2 Arzu Caydere

Arzu Caydere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

is it possible to get hcl from pharmacies? do we need prescription from a doctor to get hcl?

#3 IndianRopeTrick

IndianRopeTrick

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

My colon hydrotherapist told me that many of her clients who suffer from chronic constipation have had great results using HCL. I might try it. I found this article today http://www.naturalne..._remedies.html#

This looks like spam. Could you please tell us what is this thing ? Is it some compound of HCl (acid) and how it might help ? I suggest that people avoid clicking links on such posts without hesitation, regardless of the number of posts and rep of the OP. 

When will my intestines learn to behave ? excl.png

#4 annie7

annie7

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

i just looked it up on webmd:

http://www.webmd.com...E HYDROCHLORIDE

i really don't think this would be a good idea for anyone to take without at first consulting their doctor. also i don't think it would be good to take if you already have GERD (reflux) like i do.

and there was this warning as well from webmd:

Peptic ulcer disease: There is a concern that the hydrochloric acid produced from betaine hydrochloride might irritate stomach ulcers or keep them from healing.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 someguy79

someguy79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

I had GERD/Gastritis and I got it almost 100% fixed with Gastro-Ven.

I am now taking PR-Digest + HCL and it seems to workout pretty well.

You are right though, a Doctor should be consulted on this.

#6 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Thanks, everyone. I read a bunch of reviews, and it seems that I should talk to someone before taking HCL. Now, to find a decent gastro doc! 

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here