#1 d-gasblaster

d-gasblaster

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 August 2002 - 05:21 AM

Advertisement
Anyone get gas, bloating, and possible D from beer? Had a few tonight, now I'm all bloated Posted Image I should stick to wine. This is why I hardly ever drink beer anymore. But it sure tasted good on such a hot day. Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 babygt1

babygt1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 August 2002 - 01:55 PM

I hate beer...I decided to try it once (big mistake)! I had a half of a glass and ended up with bloating, flatulence, and D for a week (I'm sure I will be told that the beer had nothing to do with it, or that I would have had to drink several glasses for this effect. So, I am covering my ###ss...sad I have to do that... by saying it may had been the flu or something. But, I know it was the beer.) Of course, anything carbonated bloats me, so I guess wine coolers and champagne are no-nos, too Posted Image

#3 ghitta

ghitta

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 12:05 PM

ever hear of the term "beer gut or belly"? you betcha it bloats: anything bubbly, carbonated, yeasty, etc. i personally don't drink anymore and not drinking has helped my IBS tremendously (amongst other things.)

#4 Paula J.

Paula J.

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 11:04 AM

Same thoughts, alcohol needs to go if you are serious about the gas, bloating. I used to think wine relaxed me, and it may, but I still would get gas. Beer is a definite no-no, and I love the stuff.
I took a speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It involves Russia.

Woody Allen

#5 skygirl

skygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 08:34 PM

I had a beer last night - I am super bloated. Red wine seems to lessen my bloat significantly. If I drink any other form of alcohol (ie: rye) I get D. Maybe I should have some rye because I have been C for days!! Posted Image

#6 d-gasblaster

d-gasblaster

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 03:00 AM

Maybe a shot of brandy or Jack will fix you right up - LOL Posted Image .

#7 amymfraz

amymfraz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 10:33 PM

I miss beer... a shot of tequila works wonder for the bloats for me. Too bad, it contains alcohol or it would be my new favorite medicine.

#8 piexiedust

piexiedust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 01:25 AM

I'm sorry to hear so many people had such a bad time with beer. I posted my own experiences with it to maybe show what happened to me, unfortunately with IBS its a catch-all phrase, and what works wonders for one person does nothing (or even worse) is disasterous for the next. Just a note, I found the beer worked for stomach gas (In MY case) and not really so much for intestinal, but when you're that bloated up, any relief is welcome. I have also tried ENO (which is like Alkaseltzer) for bloating, and it gives me some relief, but like any other anecdote or advice, please, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, until you've thoroughly researched it for yourself or taken note of your own personal history. p.s.It'll be a good day when we really find out what is wrong instead of roping a dozen people with one diagnosis when perhaps at least 6 different diagnoses are due. pixiedust Posted Image

#9 d-gasblaster

d-gasblaster

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 02:14 AM

That's o.k. Pixiedust, I'll forgive you if you can drink beer - Posted Image LOL. I love beer, but I only drink it 2 or 3 times a year, because of the bloating (4th of July - not the same without beer Posted Image , Memorial Day, and Labor Day). Maybe I'll take lots of Phazyme after my Labor Day celebraton Posted Image .

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here