#1 TaniaF

TaniaF

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 09:56 AM

Advertisement
Lately, since I'm in an IBS flare I find some foods cause me to feel like the food is stuck and heavy in my stomach. For instance, I ate a hamburger (plain-no bun) and spinach last night and for hours I felt like this burger was at the top of my stomach. What gives? I'm a tiny person who eats small meals. Hate this feeling.Tania Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:43 PM

I think you should get an electrogastrogram and a gastric scintigraphy. Also, serum gastrin levels.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#3 galatia

galatia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 04:03 AM

I'm NOT sure that you are going through what I went through...but I was always eating small meals because all of my food felt like it would stay at the top of my stomach and bloat me up and I sometimes had to throw-up just to feel any relief. About a week ago...I decided that I wanted to try a digestive aid to see if I wasn't digesting my food or something. Well, after just 2 days of taking the GNC enzyme digestant, I am NOT BLOATED AT ALL!!!! For the first time in months!!! I'm convinced that was the problem...the enzymes help you to digest food and carry it through you system along with gas too...I'm sooo excited...I just take one after each meal and I'm set!! Maybe you should try...I mean...there's no harm in it and if you have what I have maybe it will help you. I feel so good that I'm in shock!!! I don't feel sick, bloated or tired at all....yay!!! Posted Image

#4 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 03:35 PM

quote:
the enzymes help you to digest food and carry it through you system along with gas too.
This explanation makes no sense since digestion is irrelevant in the stomach. What might be happening is that somehow the enzyme alters the "normal" or perhaps abnormal hormonal response to a meal.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#5 galatia

galatia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 03:25 AM

that's hilarious.Anyway...I just went by what my doc said. I guess the food is broken down faster or something. I don't care...i just know its working...when NOTHING else ever has.

#6 Guest_Adria_*

Guest_Adria_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:33 AM

I have the same type of symptoms. My doctor said that I just have a stationary upper intenstine, or something about how your stomach empities into your intestines every 6 mintues, and mine wasn't quite doing that, so he perscribed metoclopramide 30 minutes before meals. I didnt notice a difference, but I'm just saying maybe you have some type of 'gastrostasis' i think it was called. Good luckADRIA

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here