white chunks in stoll

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nicjee_*

Guest_nicjee_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2000 - 08:27 PM

Advertisement
Sorry to be so graphic, but does anyone else ever find small white chunks in their stool? What causes this?

Advertisement

#2 Guest_Distended_*

Guest_Distended_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2000 - 09:11 PM

This is sometimes a result of eating some types of fiber or other indigestible material. I know it happens to me if I eat nuts, fruit and vegetable peels, beans, cocoa products, basil leaves, or Tavist-D pills. It is normal to sometimes see fibrous foods come out whole. You still may want to ask your doctor.

#3 Guest_al_*

Guest_al_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2000 - 08:54 PM

Think what you have eaten. I often have bits of undigested food in the stool. Particularly, corn and peppers, seeds as well pass through.This is not unusual. But ask your doctor if your not sure.al

#4 Guest_mcbec1_*

Guest_mcbec1_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2000 - 06:34 PM

It could also be fat that your body is not absorbing. I know when I eat something like fried fish, I can expect to poo crisco in solid form. Sounds gross, but just like the others said, think back to what you ate.

#5 Guest_rubi_*

Guest_rubi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2000 - 09:45 PM

YES! I know what this is! I think it is mucous (not sure how to spell this). I also get this when I have pushed my stomache to it's limit with all of my trigger foods!Rubi

#6 Guest_Beeper1520_*

Guest_Beeper1520_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2000 - 10:48 PM

The white stuff could be also the dumping of gall bladder bile load which was not assimilated with food for digestion due to abnormal transit.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here