white chunks in stoll

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nicjee_*

Guest_nicjee_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2000 - 08:27 PM

Advertisement
Sorry to be so graphic, but does anyone else ever find small white chunks in their stool? What causes this?

Advertisement

#2 Guest_Distended_*

Guest_Distended_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2000 - 09:11 PM

This is sometimes a result of eating some types of fiber or other indigestible material. I know it happens to me if I eat nuts, fruit and vegetable peels, beans, cocoa products, basil leaves, or Tavist-D pills. It is normal to sometimes see fibrous foods come out whole. You still may want to ask your doctor.

#3 Guest_al_*

Guest_al_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2000 - 08:54 PM

Think what you have eaten. I often have bits of undigested food in the stool. Particularly, corn and peppers, seeds as well pass through.This is not unusual. But ask your doctor if your not sure.al

#4 Guest_mcbec1_*

Guest_mcbec1_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2000 - 06:34 PM

It could also be fat that your body is not absorbing. I know when I eat something like fried fish, I can expect to poo crisco in solid form. Sounds gross, but just like the others said, think back to what you ate.

#5 Guest_rubi_*

Guest_rubi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2000 - 09:45 PM

YES! I know what this is! I think it is mucous (not sure how to spell this). I also get this when I have pushed my stomache to it's limit with all of my trigger foods!Rubi

#6 Guest_Beeper1520_*

Guest_Beeper1520_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2000 - 10:48 PM

The white stuff could be also the dumping of gall bladder bile load which was not assimilated with food for digestion due to abnormal transit.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here