4 replies to this topic

#1 Bitsy

Bitsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

Advertisement

Whenever I have an episode of having a bowel movement every 30 minutes or so, I wind up so tired I can hardly function.  Is this "normal" or should I consult my doctor about the fatigue? 

Advertisement

#2 Corydalis Aurea

Corydalis Aurea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

Advertisement

Bitsy, sorry to say I don't think this is exactly normal but it sure is common with us IBS folks. I have flare ups and bouts, where all of my symptoms are acting up at once, which can last days or weeks, and during these times, I have awful fatigue, in general and with BM. Other folks here talk about the fatigue too...not sure what anyone else is finding helpful with the fatigue, but rest and quiet time to rebalance and get mended is probably the best medicine for that if ones life will allow! 

Best wishes,

#3 Bitsy

Bitsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.  I know it is probably quite common with IBS people but I just wanted to check. 

• Corydalis Aurea likes this

#4 Corydalis Aurea

Corydalis Aurea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

Advertisement

But bitsy don't rule out other causes for you, many things can cause fatigue, hormones, thyroid, adrenal deficiency and vitamin deficiency, you may want to do some more reading on these things too to see if any of the additional symptoms match what you are feeling as well.

#5 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:59 AM

Advertisement

I like to have a BM every day. I usually go twice a day, once and then about 45 minutes later, again. On Saturday I didn't go at all (rare). Sunday rolled around and still no BM. Screw that! I feel full inside and me no likes that so I gave myself a quick rectal enema, went boo-boo and then gave myself another enema and went again.

Yes, I too got really tired and REALLY cold right afterwards. I was going to go to Fitworks to exercise, but no way Jose'! I wrapped up in a blanket and took a freakin' nap instead. 

I think it's best to go every day, if that's what you did when you were normal ('the good ol' days').

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here