#1 haydos85

haydos85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Advertisement
Hi
Last year I got treated for a parasite that I tested positive for. I took the antibiotics and got the all clear with 3 negative tests.

Months later I'm still having bad stomach problems ranging from nausea, discomfort and bloating.

I'm booked in for a endoscopy/colonoscopy next month.

Does anyone have knowledge on why I'm still having problems months later and what I can do to help my stomach. I don't really have foods that trigger the symptoms....I wake up in the morning with discomfort and nausea which ease as the day goes on and then worsen in the evening.
Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Advertisement

#2 IBS is BS

IBS is BS

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

Advertisement

Maybe the antibiotics that you took have damaged/killed off some beneficial bacteria somewhere in your digestive tract.

When you say 'stomach', do you mean the abdominal/intestinal area? Or higher up at the stomach?

Which parasite was it?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here