8 replies to this topic

#1 Cookies4Kadd

Cookies4Kadd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 02:42 AM

Advertisement
To anyone who may have MS or knows of someone who may have it, check out this information. It is not widely known because it isn't a "money maker" for pharmeceutical houses.There is a new medication called PROCARINto find out more call:1-800-927-4227or Check out: www.hesko.com/karan/procarin also www.californiapharmacy.com/ms.html this is one of the few compounding pharmacies that provide this medication. They will send free research information to the attending physician as it is by RX only.A good friend of mine has MS and my sister may have it... Hope this may help someone out!!!------------------Marilyn alias "Cookies.."

Advertisement

#2 runnl8

runnl8

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 03:55 AM

Hi, my brother may have it also. I have a first cousin that has had it for years. First diagnosed while in his early thirties. Thanks for the info.

#3 Mystiquee

Mystiquee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 10:21 AM

I only wish they had come out with this sooner. My Mother had MS from age 26 until her death 2 years ago at age 66 from cancer. I know all about MS because I lived it through her eyes. My prayers go out to you.Mysty

#4 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 11:22 AM

Could it just be ? Hmm.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#5 HipJan

HipJan

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 12:04 PM

I just read an article in the medical section of the paper. It does appear there is some new hope for MS sufferers.
"Cast your bread upon the waters..."

#6 Cookies4Kadd

Cookies4Kadd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 03:54 PM

To Flux and anyone discomboombalated by the post: I realize that there is a lot of misinformation going out to people, and by God's grace I sure hope that this is NOT snake oil...I initially heard about procarin on a medical program on TV that interviewed its developer who was diagnosed with MS and was helped. It then documented several other MS cases that were helped to various degrees by this medication. Not everyone was helped, but there were enough results to generate interest. Some were almost completely cured; some who were wheelchair bound are not now. From there, I checked out some more medical information.Flux, if you have any research that shows where there are MS sufferers who were duped or tricked, and this is not a bona fide medication, will you please help me??? I would HATE the thought of setting up my MS friends and those on this BB with false information that would not help them. It would kill me to do so. So please, let me know if you have heard anything, so I can apprise everyone that this is not really the new hope that the research I have done shows it is. Thank you so very much....All those with MS will appreciate your efforts. It is a devistating illness....------------------Marilyn alias "Cookies.."

#7 Cookies4Kadd

Cookies4Kadd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 03:59 PM

Oh, BTW, if anyone DOES get information and is helped by PROCARIN, please share that information as well. I will let you know what happens with my friend with MS if he is able to get the RX. No one should have to suffer if this really does help people...------------------Marilyn alias "Cookies.."

#8 eric

eric

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23,983 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 05:25 PM

Cookies, thanks for posting this my best friends mom has it and I will pass this on thanks.
I am not a doctor. All information I present is for educational purposes only and should not be subsituted for the advise of a qualified health care provider.

Please make sure you have your symptoms diagnosed by a medical practitioner or a doctor.

#9 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 10 May 2000 - 05:32 PM

quote:
Flux, if you have any research that shows where there are MS sufferers who were duped or tricked, and this is not a bona fide medication
It appears to contain bonafide pharmacological agents (histamine and caffeine from what I can see so far), but it doesn't make sense that these compounds would have much of a chance of altering MS. Even if there were something else in it, the anecdotes sound like they have better explanations: placebo effect and the natural fluctuations of MS.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here