Advertisement

Photo

Anyone have good results with prune juice?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 02:25 PM

Advertisement
Anyone have good results with prune juice? Or is it too harsh?
-Beach

Advertisement

#2 loon

loon

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 02:43 PM

beach -I have had great results with prune juice, but I can only drink it if I know that I will be close to a bathroom for a while.It can cause some cramping, but not that bad and certainly not as bad as stimulate laxatives cramp me up.The thing that's hard with prune juice is sometimes it works in 15 - 30 minutes and sometimes it takes a couple of hours...so I have to be able to be at home in case it's one of the longer times...loon

#3 Rose

Rose

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 03:08 PM

I cannot take prune juice. It does help me "go", but leaves me with unbearable rumbling and gas. My stomach blows up because of all the gas, because for some reason..I can't "pass" any of it. It just sits there moving and rumbling around. I'd rather be "C" than drink prune juice. I do, however, eat a few prunes every morning.
"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"
Rose (C-type)

#4 beth_crocker1

beth_crocker1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 04:01 PM

Ive never tried the prune juice, but Ive been considering it. Do you think it would still work as well, if I mix say a half a cup of it with a half a cup of apple juice?

#5 beach

beach

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 04:23 PM

That's why I was wondering. Because I notice the next day lots of gas and rumbling and I hate that feeling. It almost makes me feel anxious.
-Beach

#6 Tiss

Tiss

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 05:47 PM

Prunes and the juice give me quite alot of gas. But, I still eat 4 or 5 prunes every night for dessert! And it really helps the next day.
Tiss

#7 beach

beach

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 05:52 PM

Prunes don't give me gas. They actually help so much. It's when its in the prune juice form, I notice a ton of gas.
-Beach

#8 admflo

admflo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 06:26 PM

I used to have bm's years ago after prune juice plus horrible gas and pain. Now, it does nothing whatsoever because of the ginger root I take. I get no gas, just nothing. If I wasn't taking the ginger I would, no doubt, be doubled over in pain.

#9 Nomie

Nomie

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 11:35 PM

I find that sometimes it works and at other times nothing happens and I am left with terrible pain and gas.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here