Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Visceral hypersensitivity?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jadeleanne04 
#1 ·
Hey. In march 2014 i had my appendix removed causing 2 infections in which i needed a drain. 2 month later i had gastritis and from then on its been hell. I have a chronic gnawing hunger pain not lessened by food. I can eat and eat and it doesnt do anything. I have tried acid reducing tablets such as omaprazole and lansaprazole and raniidine with no luck. J had another endoscopy which shown no gastritis this time i had a breath test negative a 24 hour ph test negative and bloods to see if i was diabetic or anythinf else again negative. The doctora are now saying ita visceral hypersensitivity my nerves are basically over sensitive. I was put on ampytripiline which didnt help but helped me sleep a little better and even tried pregabalin but still no use :,( everyday is a constant struggle and i dont know what to do. I have been referred to see a pain pyschologist but i feel the doctors dont know what else to do and have given up on me. I made a complaint to the hosp and they made out i have tried every medication out there and i didnt need anymore tests im so angry and upset i dont wanna live like this forever its been 2 years and its effecting my whole life. Surely it must be something? Any help.please? :( and ive always tried eating different foods to see if its that but doesnt seem to be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.