Has anyone tried Beano?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Distended_*

Guest_Distended_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2000 - 05:49 PM

Advertisement
I have had problems getting rid of trapped gas and have been very bloated as a result. I notice if I take 3 Beano pills with each gas-forming meal, there is a significant reduction in gas and bloating, although it is not completely relieved. It's too expensive to take all the time, but it does help a little. Has anyone else had any success with Beano or any other similar product?

Advertisement

#2 Fuzzz

Fuzzz

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 June 2000 - 11:56 AM

Hi distentedI have tryed Beano.I works most of the time.I use it on/off,and stay away from gassy food,like any green veggy,beans,corn,wheat,oinions garlic....Not much left but i have less bloating.U have to find out when and what gives you bloating.Good luck Posted Image

#3 Guest_ho_pe_*

Guest_ho_pe_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2000 - 01:10 PM

I take one kyo-Dophilus pill with each meal for my bloating. I think it helps but not completely. I've heard so much about beano that I might see which works better. I've also read on the boards that charcoal pills work for some.

#4 Guest_stan_*

Guest_stan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2000 - 03:17 PM

I too use beano. I get terrible gas pains, pressure, & bloating from so many foods, that I have tried numerous things. Like you, Beano has not "cured" my gas problem but has made a significant reduction in the amount of gas. I use it every day because it helps me get through the second half of the work day without any embarassing results. So anything that improves my comfort level is a success.

#5 Guest_Tonsil_*

Guest_Tonsil_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2000 - 09:56 PM

I had no luck with Beano. Couldn't tell that I had taken anything at all. I'm glad it works for some people, but it didn't work for me.

#6 Guest_-K_*

Guest_-K_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2000 - 01:22 AM

I've tried several things for my gas and bloating. Most barely help at all, like Gas-X. Beano is only intended to help with gas-causing foods, like beans, peas & other veggies...The best thing for gas & bloating is Activated Charcoal. It's sold as either capsules or tablets in most drugstores. You take 2 capsules right after a meal, and it gets rid of most of the gas. It's also natural and totally harmless. And it's relatively cheap too, you get 100 capsules for around $6, and that lasts for a while.That's the best thing that worked for me so far

#7 SteveE

SteveE

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 01:32 PM

I don't use Beano, but a different one with the same active ingredient. It's called Digest Support by Natrol. I believe it helps gas too.

#8 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 June 2000 - 10:59 PM

Hi! I have IBS-C and bad bloating and gas. I take Beano, Digestant Enzyme (from GNC), and Creon with every meal. I can't believe the difference! I have put on some weight and have less gas and bloating.

#9 Guest_annie 41_*

Guest_annie 41_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2000 - 02:26 PM

HI I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THE OVER THE COUNTER MEDS FOR GAS AND NOTHING WORKED. I EVEN MADE UP A CONCOCSION OF FRESH GINGER LIME JUICE AND SOMETHING ELSE GUESS WHAT IT GAVE ME DIARHEA HA H!!! ANYWAY, I AM NOW ON FOOD ENZYMES AND ACIDOPOLIS FROM MY HERBALIST AND IT HAS MADE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE WITH THE GAS AND BLOATING. MY FAMILY CAN LIVE WITH ME AGAIN.. I SUFFERED WITH GAS FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND PRACTICALLY DONT HAVE IT AT AL, UNLESS I EAT SOMETHING GASSY WHICH I AVOID. YOU CAN BUY THEM AT ANY NATURAL STORE OR VITAMIN STORE. THEY EVEN AHAVE A VITAMIN WEB SITE CALLED VITAMIN.COM I BUY FROM THAT REALLY TRULY HELPED ME CHANGED MY LIFE WITH THE GAS PROBLEM.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here