Has anyone tried Beano?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Distended_*

Guest_Distended_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2000 - 05:49 PM

Advertisement
I have had problems getting rid of trapped gas and have been very bloated as a result. I notice if I take 3 Beano pills with each gas-forming meal, there is a significant reduction in gas and bloating, although it is not completely relieved. It's too expensive to take all the time, but it does help a little. Has anyone else had any success with Beano or any other similar product?

Advertisement

#2 Fuzzz

Fuzzz

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 June 2000 - 11:56 AM

Hi distentedI have tryed Beano.I works most of the time.I use it on/off,and stay away from gassy food,like any green veggy,beans,corn,wheat,oinions garlic....Not much left but i have less bloating.U have to find out when and what gives you bloating.Good luck Posted Image

#3 Guest_ho_pe_*

Guest_ho_pe_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2000 - 01:10 PM

I take one kyo-Dophilus pill with each meal for my bloating. I think it helps but not completely. I've heard so much about beano that I might see which works better. I've also read on the boards that charcoal pills work for some.

#4 Guest_stan_*

Guest_stan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2000 - 03:17 PM

I too use beano. I get terrible gas pains, pressure, & bloating from so many foods, that I have tried numerous things. Like you, Beano has not "cured" my gas problem but has made a significant reduction in the amount of gas. I use it every day because it helps me get through the second half of the work day without any embarassing results. So anything that improves my comfort level is a success.

#5 Guest_Tonsil_*

Guest_Tonsil_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2000 - 09:56 PM

I had no luck with Beano. Couldn't tell that I had taken anything at all. I'm glad it works for some people, but it didn't work for me.

#6 Guest_-K_*

Guest_-K_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2000 - 01:22 AM

I've tried several things for my gas and bloating. Most barely help at all, like Gas-X. Beano is only intended to help with gas-causing foods, like beans, peas & other veggies...The best thing for gas & bloating is Activated Charcoal. It's sold as either capsules or tablets in most drugstores. You take 2 capsules right after a meal, and it gets rid of most of the gas. It's also natural and totally harmless. And it's relatively cheap too, you get 100 capsules for around $6, and that lasts for a while.That's the best thing that worked for me so far

#7 SteveE

SteveE

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 01:32 PM

I don't use Beano, but a different one with the same active ingredient. It's called Digest Support by Natrol. I believe it helps gas too.

#8 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 June 2000 - 10:59 PM

Hi! I have IBS-C and bad bloating and gas. I take Beano, Digestant Enzyme (from GNC), and Creon with every meal. I can't believe the difference! I have put on some weight and have less gas and bloating.

#9 Guest_annie 41_*

Guest_annie 41_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2000 - 02:26 PM

HI I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THE OVER THE COUNTER MEDS FOR GAS AND NOTHING WORKED. I EVEN MADE UP A CONCOCSION OF FRESH GINGER LIME JUICE AND SOMETHING ELSE GUESS WHAT IT GAVE ME DIARHEA HA H!!! ANYWAY, I AM NOW ON FOOD ENZYMES AND ACIDOPOLIS FROM MY HERBALIST AND IT HAS MADE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE WITH THE GAS AND BLOATING. MY FAMILY CAN LIVE WITH ME AGAIN.. I SUFFERED WITH GAS FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND PRACTICALLY DONT HAVE IT AT AL, UNLESS I EAT SOMETHING GASSY WHICH I AVOID. YOU CAN BUY THEM AT ANY NATURAL STORE OR VITAMIN STORE. THEY EVEN AHAVE A VITAMIN WEB SITE CALLED VITAMIN.COM I BUY FROM THAT REALLY TRULY HELPED ME CHANGED MY LIFE WITH THE GAS PROBLEM.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here