#1 Tiss

Tiss

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:05 PM

Advertisement
I take this herbal mix that contains psyllium and rhubarb root in it (Inner Clarity). I think some others on the BB take it too. I've been doing some research on the net into rhubarb and it looks like it could be as addictive as senna. I am sick because 1 capsule works so well. What do you think would be the best way to get off of it? I just don't go as well without it. I tried Zelnorm and hated it! Why can't we find something that works without it being harmful or have such bad side effects??? Thanks, Tiss
Tiss

Advertisement

#2 ghitta

ghitta

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 08:43 AM

the reason why rhubarb root is as addictive as senna is that it has stimulatory action, like cascara as well. - the best way for me to treat my C has been (proven over time) with foods that pump up and loosen the stool - cooked greens, artichoke hearts, etc etc. there's a whole list. of course, i also use mag and drink tons of water. g-

#3 Tiss

Tiss

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 02:15 PM

I eat a very high fiber diet, lots of water, fiber supplements, flaxseed, magnesium but the thing that seems to help the most is the herbal stuff. I feel so stupid because I was under the illusion that rhubarb is not addictive. I am really freaked out that I've hurt my system because I've taken it for a long time. I think that I'll start taking 1 every other day to wean myself off of it.
Tiss

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here