#1 Tiss

Tiss

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:05 PM

Advertisement
I take this herbal mix that contains psyllium and rhubarb root in it (Inner Clarity). I think some others on the BB take it too. I've been doing some research on the net into rhubarb and it looks like it could be as addictive as senna. I am sick because 1 capsule works so well. What do you think would be the best way to get off of it? I just don't go as well without it. I tried Zelnorm and hated it! Why can't we find something that works without it being harmful or have such bad side effects??? Thanks, Tiss
Tiss

Advertisement

#2 ghitta

ghitta

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 08:43 AM

the reason why rhubarb root is as addictive as senna is that it has stimulatory action, like cascara as well. - the best way for me to treat my C has been (proven over time) with foods that pump up and loosen the stool - cooked greens, artichoke hearts, etc etc. there's a whole list. of course, i also use mag and drink tons of water. g-

#3 Tiss

Tiss

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 02:15 PM

I eat a very high fiber diet, lots of water, fiber supplements, flaxseed, magnesium but the thing that seems to help the most is the herbal stuff. I feel so stupid because I was under the illusion that rhubarb is not addictive. I am really freaked out that I've hurt my system because I've taken it for a long time. I think that I'll start taking 1 every other day to wean myself off of it.
Tiss

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here