#1 Joan Gregg

Joan Gregg

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 03:40 PM

Advertisement
I have been having severe sleeping problems. Am on Klonopin and Ambien. Lately I have been having soft stool that sits "up there" I can't push out.What does this mean? Poor muscle tone?
Attempt to teach in a *hrumph* "challenging" school.

IBSD 1969-1995; C in '95-2003. Right now (October 04), not greatly helped by anything. Diag: IBS pain predominant w/pelvic floor dysfunction and a "transit" problem. Go every day & it's never hard; ALWAYS PAINFUL; "visceral hyperalgesia"

Advertisement

#2 SearchingForAnswers

SearchingForAnswers

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 08:45 PM

Joan, I too get soft stool that causes incomplete evacuation...drives me nuts!!! I can wipe for hours. I used to think it was C now I classify it as D. I don't know if it is poor muscle tone or not though. If my BM's are harder I don't get the problem as bad. I've had some good results taking caltrate (calcium)the last few weeks...it firms up my BM's making evacuation easier. Hopefully someone will give you a better answer than mine.

#3 Guest_mauidream_*

Guest_mauidream_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2002 - 04:23 PM

I'm looking for some help with this too. My soft stools that won't come out cause a great amount of buring and pain because I also have a fissure.

#4 metooo

metooo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 02:19 AM

Joan,Could be something to do with your meds. Klonopin can be extremely constipating ... I have noticed that anything that slows me or my system down, causes more constipation and ultimately more pain ... meds are the worst cause for me.Did you have this problem before you were on these meds?

#5 baby b

baby b

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 02:57 AM

i have the same problem as u all!

#6 Guest_ericad100_*

Guest_ericad100_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2002 - 03:35 PM

I had this also until my system was "cleaned out" by a strong antibiotic (for other reasons). There was blood in my stool so the Dr. said that meant something (bacteria?) had been sitting in my system - could have been recent, but I think it was for years. I took acidophilus to replenish my good bacteria and have been doing very good for a year now - and was miserable for about 10 years.For those of you who want to try alternative medicine - I suggest seeing someone who practices Traditional Chinese Medicine. These digestive problems are a sign of a weak spleen (different from Western World spleen) and can be helped when your body is brought back into balance - accupuncture, etc. I've been to a wonderful chiropractor/accupuncturist/nutritionis in Minneapolis who I was very comfortable with. Check out this website - http://www.balfourhealing.com/treatment-ibs.html.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here