Advertisement

Candida, Dysbiosis & C-Difficile - Oh My!!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tysmomm_*

Guest_Tysmomm_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2000 - 02:49 AM

Advertisement
Let me start at the beginning. I was prescribed Flagyl and Levaquin after visiting the ER with severe lower abdominal pains. My white blood cells were at 15,000 and my BUN was 15%. The doctor thought I had an infection. But it turned out that it wasn't an infection just an ovarian cyst that ruptured. So I was on the antibiotics for no reason. A few weeks after I quit taking the antibiotics I acquired Clostridium Difficile and ended up in the ER with extreme diarrhea. The ER wanted to put me on Vancomycin but my family doctor said it wouldn't be a good idea since the antibiotics are what started it in the first place and that it is really hard on the kidneys. He administered Hydrogen Peroxide IV's and Hydrochloric Acid IV's. I had to go in three times for the IV's. They seemed to help a lot but just weren't completely getting rid of the diarrhea. I had a severe case of Dysbiosis. I had been on acidopholus, colloidal silver, garlic, citricidal, vitamin c, and a few other supplements since the very beginning of this all. But my immune system was so down from the antibiotics that the first doctor prescribed. I started doing the stool samples for Great Smokies Laboratories. It takes 3 days to collect all the samples. I had already collected 2 samples when my doctor referred me to another clinic for further treatment options since the Hydrogen Peroxide IV's weren't getting rid of the diarrhea completely. I went to the clinic he referred me to and they administered Ozone therapy. I had the Ozone done two ways: They drew out about a pint of blood from my arm and then they put the O3 into the blood (which changed the color of the blood from really dark to a bright red), then they put the blood back in the arm. I also had the ozone administered rectally. The next day I took the third sample for Great Smokies Labs. When I got the results back from Great Smokies it showed the first two samples to have a tremendous amount of yeast but the third sample showed absolutely no yeast. The C-Diff was completely gone.When I got home the night of the Ozone treatment I started running a fever of 102. The next morning I had severe diarrhea. I didn't know if it was good or bad so I called the doctor's office. They said that it was great! That is what it is suppose to do - my body was finally fighting the infection. They also said that when it kills the pathogens they release a toxin and my body was flushing out the toxins through diarrhea. The next day I felt better right away. The doctor also gave me supplements of Digestive Enzymes, Cod Liver Oil, and Mucosagene. He said I needed to be on the supplements for a few months to let my digestive tract heal from any damage the infections might have caused.I feel better than I have in years (and before all this started I was a completly healty 27 year old). I have great energy and a tremendous joy for life. It only took one treatment with Ozone.By the way, my husband and son started getting symptoms of the C-Diff during all of this. My husband started taking colostrum, acidopholus and colloidal silver and it stopped the diarrhea immediately. His stomach was gurgling for about 1 1/2 days and his lower back hurt for 4 days. Then he was completely fine. I put my son on colostrum and acidopholus and his symptoms went away in a few days. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me. I would love to help anyone that might have similar problems. I know how terrible it can be.And for the chemical engineer that had talked bad about ozone earlier on this board - please note:Ozone has been used successfully for decades in many countries, especially Germany.There are many journals and reports of extensive research done on ozone therapies in many countries, especially Germany.Ozone kills bacteria, yeast, and viruses.Many countries use Ozone to purify there water supplies (so does LA).I can go on and on and on....I have many documents and research on Ozone on hand. I have too much information to even begin to list right now.I will watch the postings in case anyone has any questions.Thanks,Vicki ------------------

Advertisement

#2 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 05:34 AM

quote:
They drew out about a pint of blood from my arm and then they put the O3 into the blood (which changed the color of the blood from really dark to a bright red), then they put the blood back in the arm.
quote:
colloidal silver
Danger Will Robinson, Danger.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#3 K9Mom

K9Mom

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 10:14 AM

Gotta agree with Flux!
27 million Americans are affected by thyroid disease. Half of those do not know they have it. Thyroid disease strikes women at a ratio of 7:1. ALL women over 35 should be screened for thyroid disease annually. Diarrhea and constipation are just two of the many symptoms of thyroid disease. Moderator of http://www.mediboard.com/graves

#4 Maceo

Maceo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 10:45 AM

Dont underestimate the germans. They have always been ahead of time when we are talking science. Look at the history and find the answers there. And anyone who says that the bacteriabalance in the bowels dont matter are very wrong. Why do you think youghert benefits IBS??? bacteria... And clostridium is known to cause D, no doubt./Maceo

#5 Mike NoLomotil

Mike NoLomotil

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE FROM FLUX: WARNING WILL ROBINSON!QUOTE FROM MIKE: DITTOYou are right. Free ozone IS toxic to all the things you listed. It is also toxic to human tissue. Ever see pulmonary epithelium after exposure to free ozone? Luckily for you, when titrated into the blood stream ozone does not remain ozone (03) as it is highly unstable. Ozone molecules recombine to become oxygen molecules, a portion of which then bind to hemoglobin (most of it) and some small amount dissloves in the plasma. The blood-thing you witnessed is a common trick that ozone therapists use to impress people who do not know physiology. They withdrew blood from a vein. This is blood that has been collected by your body from all the capillaries carryong oxygenated blood from your lungs, through the arteries and to the tissues and cells. In arterial blood the Pa02 is about 90-95 mmHg and saturation of hemoglobsin runs 97% or more. Once the blood passes through the capillaries, a subsatntial potuion of the actual oxyagen volume in the blood diffuses into the tissues for use in metaboloc processes. In the venous blood headed back to the heart, then to the lungs again to get more oxygen and dump CO2 picked up from the tissues, the PvO2 is say 40 mmHg and saturation may be 70% or so. So when they withdrew your blood from a vein and titrated ozone through it, all they did was raise the saturation of hemoglobin with oxygen to normal. The light-absorption spectrum as seen under spectrophotometry of ARTERIAL or oxygenated hemoglobin is different than desaturated (venous) hemoglobin. So they just arterialized some venous blood. But it looked really cool, didn't it! So what? When that blood got dumped back into the veins the extra oxygen redistributed itself through through diffusion and it turned dark again...normal venous blood. And even if it did not, returning blood through the right side of the heart to the pulmonary vascular bed (lung alveolar circultion) having been preoxygenated has absolutle positively and unequivocally NO impact whatsoever physiologically. It would just absorb less oxyegn from the lungs because it is already saturated at barometric pressure. The only method of raising the oxygen content of blood substantially (even if you breath 100% oxygen at 1 atmosphere you cannot saturate Hb full, and you cannot dissolve more than .0031 ml of O2 per mmHg pressure into the plasma...insiginificant)is HYPERBARIC oxygen. Another subject entirely. But as far as putting Ozone into the bloodstream PPPPHHHFFFTTT!!! At best a physiologic crock of you know what. You ARE correct that ozzone generated by electrolysis is used for various sterilization and decontamination things with great success. the German treat the water with ozone as a means of bacterial decontamination as opposed to some of the chemical means used in the USA. The high concentration of ozone pumped in while transient can kill aerobic organisms, and the elevevated oxygen levels in the water after the ozone reassociates into oxygen can kill anaerobes.Ozone injected into the rectum or avein can cause pulmonary air embolism and death if improperly administered by people without medical training. In florida, some folks I know who were selling Ozone machines last time I saw were prosecuted and jailed on the basis of false claims and mail fraud. While it is possibel that direct-administration of ozone into the rectum could kill an flora present in the rectum, including possibly yeasts, the risks associted with such therapy make antifungal drugs look like a nun's picnic.[This message has been edited by Mike NoLomotil (edited 06-16-2000).]
Eat Well. Think Well. Be Well.
www.nowleap.com
What's My Line?:
http://ibsgroup.org/...910646#51910646

#6 Mike NoLomotil

Mike NoLomotil

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 12:23 PM

By the way, the doctor who said the fever and diarrhea were signs that your immune system was mobilizing against the pathogen was correct. The release of mediators systemically and in the gut to create a hostile internal environment, and to flush out the pathogne, dead cellular debris from the infectionm/reaction/ etc is all sound physiology.Digestive enzymes good; colostrum-cannot get anything easier to digest than that; hydrogen peroxide IV is also useless as it is unstable like Ozone...when it enters the blood stream the hydrogen and oxygen dissassocite and the oxygen is grabbed up by the hemoglobin and the Hydrogen molcules are picked up by the bloods buffering mechanisms. HCL is also buffered, unless excess amounts are given depending upon the concntration of the acid, in which case acidosis can occur and localized vasulitis can be a side effect. Colloidal silver gives everybody the willies even thinking about it. Ever hear of heavy-metal poisoning? Should you develop symptoms of shock, gastroenteritis, vertigo, or convulsions, I suggest you forgoe further ingestion of silver or silver salts.
Eat Well. Think Well. Be Well.
www.nowleap.com
What's My Line?:
http://ibsgroup.org/...910646#51910646

#7 Guest_Tysmomm_*

Guest_Tysmomm_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2000 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I really appreciate it!! Ozone therapy is not something new and off the wall. It is completely natural and all it is doing is putting supercharged oxygen in your blood. Every disease known thrives on lack of oxygen. That is why there is such an epidemic with cancer nowadays. It will not hurt the good bacteria. The good bacteria thrive on oxygen. My test results showed that my good bacteria are well populated. I understand people being sceptical. I used to feel that way. That is why I completely research anything before I use it. I am very open-minded and research both sides of everything. The doctor who administered the therapy is a very well known medical doctor. He has patients that fly in from all over the world. He has healed many people (not with just ozone). The nurse in his office used to be an RN in an IUC for 10 years. She stated that she could never work in a hospital again because everything they do would be considered malpractice. Oh, by the way, the doctor is not just in this for the money. He is truly in the medical profession to help people. He did not charge me for the office visits. I strongly believe that if I just stayed with main-stream medical care I would still be trying to fight the C-Diff with bowel inflamation and would have had serious side effects from the antibiotics. Flagyl is a known carcinogen. Be open-minded. Don't just get one opinion on anything. And, please, please people - Educate yourselves. Oh by the way, a very good book to get is "The Thinking Persons Guide to Perfect Health" by Dr. Ron Kennedy. Amazon sells the book. I am not trying to advertise or push the ozone therapy on anyone. I just wanted to let people know it did help me. Thanks again!!!Vicki

#8 Guest_Tysmomm_*

Guest_Tysmomm_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2000 - 12:42 PM

Yes, I have heard of heavy metal poisoning. That is why noone should ever get mercury fillings. Mercury poisoning is very dangerous. And, mercury will stay in your system. Colloidal Silver does not build up in the system. It is flushed right out.

#9 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 12:57 PM

quote:
It is completely natural and all it is doing is putting supercharged oxygen in your blood. Every disease known thrives on lack of oxygen.
This statement is false. Many pathogenic bacteria are, in fact, killed by it. Regardless, this is irrelevant because ozone does not appear useful for any condition and because of the potential dangers stemming from the incompetent doctors administering it.
quote:
Colloidal Silver does not build up in the system. It is flushed right out.
This statement is false.[This message has been edited by flux (edited 06-16-2000).]
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#10 Guest_Tysmomm_*

Guest_Tysmomm_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2000 - 08:17 PM

Ozone is one of earth's greatest health protectors because ozone purifies both air and water. It is a three atom molecule of oxygen formed from the air when lightning flashes causing the fresh air smell we breathe after a storm. There are two other ways ozone is formed and that is when the sun's ultraviolet rays penetrate the earth's atmosphere or when air or oxygen is passed through a very high electrical voltage arc. Ozone is the most powerful germicidal, bactericide, and virus detroyer known. In its three atom molecule form it will destroy all bacteria and pollutants it comes into contact with, whether in air or water. This is because ozone is an unstable molecule which releases free electrons that attach themselves to viruses, bacteria, odors, smoke, fumes and pollen, and destroys them on contact. Ozone is an unstable bluish water-soluble gas with a very characteristic scent that can be easily recognized. In low levels it causes the air to have that fresh smell and its color causes the sky to be blue.I can understand your concern with the doctors administering it incorrectly. Hundreds of thousand of people die every year because of medical mishaps from prescription drugs and hospital errors. The most common side effects reported with ozone are increased energy, an increased sense of well being, and clearer thinking.Side effects like fever and weakness are minor and temporary. One study of over 5.5 million treatments showed a side effect rate of .0007%, probably one of the lowest of any therapy known.Hope this helps!!!!!

#11 Guest_Fatigued_*

Guest_Fatigued_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2000 - 08:30 PM

Well, I for one, will stick to the Flagyl as a C. Diff treatment, thank you. [This message has been edited by Fatigued (edited 06-16-2000).]

#12 JeanG

JeanG

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 16 June 2000 - 08:41 PM

Please see this article from Quackwatch on ozone. I have copied the first paragraph, and then included the link to the rest of the article:Quackwatch Home Page Couple Imprisoned for Marketing Ozone Generators Paula KurtzweilKenneth R. Thiefault and his wife, Mardel Barber, formerly of Jupiter, Florida, were sentenced in the U.S. District Court forthe Southern District of Florida in March to prison terms that together total more than eight years and fines that add up to morethan $100,000. They illegally distributed ozone generators, devices that turn oxygen into ozone, by claiming that the devicescould cure a variety of diseases, including cancer and AIDS. FDA has never approved ozone generators or ozone gas fortreating any medical conditions. . http://www.quackwatch.com/02ConsumerProtection/ozone.html
*** Seeking accurate information in the fight against IBS ***

#13 Guest_Tysmomm_*

Guest_Tysmomm_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2000 - 08:56 PM

Jean-Thank you for the link to the website. I did get in and read it. I have read all that information before. Believe me, I am well informed and well educated about the subject. I also know that FDA officials and relatives, AMA officials and ACA officials have all been patients at ozone clinics. So, if you only want to believe what the FDA and AMA officials tell you - then believe in ozone. They are using it.

#14 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 17 June 2000 - 12:02 AM

quote:
One study of over 5.5 million treatments showed a side effect rate of .0007%, probably one of the lowest of any therapy known.
There was no such study.

#15 eric

eric

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23,983 posts

Posted 17 June 2000 - 12:17 AM

Somebody has been breathing the ozone:0. Isn't there a song "I am lost in the ozone again."------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm
I am not a doctor. All information I present is for educational purposes only and should not be subsituted for the advise of a qualified health care provider.

Please make sure you have your symptoms diagnosed by a medical practitioner or a doctor.

#16 Guest_FraidyCat_*

Guest_FraidyCat_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 03:25 AM

Let me see if I understand. Some types of "D" are bad and some types of "D" are good. You had "d" to start with so you starting looking for alternative ways to treat it and finally you found something that gave you real bad "D" but this was good. Okay I think I've got it now.

#17 Guest_Tysmomm_*

Guest_Tysmomm_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 03:37 AM

I just got on to tell my story about what happened to me. All I received is flux, I mean flac about the treatment that I received, but guess what people, I am cured and feel great. I feel the difference in my body from the foods I eat. Some make me have energy and other foods make me exhausted. The people who have criticized my treatments I want to ask you have you ever had the problems that these people are going through. Or are you just in this to jump on people who have a real cure. I thought this was a self help group. I thought this was a place where people could discuss their personal situations and outcomes. I'm going to start another topic and I will refer people back to this topic. This is getting way to long winded and people do not want to read this much. But I still want them to see what you (the senior members) have posted. There are a lot of people on this board that need help and I will not give up on giving these people the right information to help them just because of the few people, that I think, want to keep this site going for either monitary reasons or their own ego. They clearly have not researched anything except for what the FDA has put on a pamphlet. Remember people, big business is the pharmaceutical companies which are tied in with the FDA and AMA and CDC. I will keep posting beause I know that if it helps even just one person it will be worth it. And, maybe the truth will spread.

#18 Guest_Tysmomm_*

Guest_Tysmomm_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 03:40 AM

Fraidycat-If you don't have a clue than I can't help you. It does not take a lot of common sense to figure it out.

#19 Guest_FraidyCat_*

Guest_FraidyCat_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 03:59 AM

Tysmomm-You are right, my comments were rude and I apologize. I'm glad that you are feeling better and I wish you good luck in the future. By all means keep letting people know, I would do the same in your position. FC ^--^

#20 Guest_Tysmomm_*

Guest_Tysmomm_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 04:13 AM

Fraidycat-Thanks for the sincerety. Most of us are here to give ideas to try to help people. Because I know when I was in that situation I was desperate for help. My husband was off almost 2 months of work to be at home with me. I could not take care of our son by myself. Our doctor bills were climbing. I was losing hope. I just kept praying for help. God was willing to lead us in this direction and now have no signs of intestinal problems. Thanks for having a soft heart!!!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here