5 replies to this topic

#1 CandyElfKY

CandyElfKY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:29 AM

Advertisement
For several days now, I've had pain in my lower abdomin, maybe an inch or two below my naval...does anyone else experience this? I've noticed I usually have the pain the worst when I'm about to get D or gas - just curious if there's anyway it could just be the gas.

Advertisement

#2 Sazzle44

Sazzle44

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:40 AM

hmm hi Candy, i get the same pain as yours and im off to the docs this morning to get it checked out. are you pre-menstrual?? that COULD be the source of the pain. i also read somewhere that ibs pain can occur anywhere from the ribs to the thighs so its probably just 'normal' (lol) with this thing.i'll post later on what the doctor said Posted Image

#3 michelly

michelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:53 PM

Sazzle44-What did your dr. say? I have woke up the past two days with the worst pain about an inch to the right of my belly button. Hurts really bad but subsides some during the day. Just wondering if it is IBS, which seems to be the answer to everything anyway. Thanks!!

#4 Sazzle44

Sazzle44

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 06:53 AM

well i went to see the doc and they put me on Buscopan and Metroclopramide (ive been getting really dizzy with a strong pain over my eye lids too- hence the Buscopan.) sadly she didnt get to the bottom of the pain but she just said the pain i was getting was right in the stomach. at the same time as my belly button pain i keep ghetting a sharp stabbing pain on my left side, whic she said was my colon and that it is probably spasming and the pain of that can double people over. sorry i cant be of more help, im waiting to see a gastroenterologist again but got a letter through yesterday saying the waiting list is at least 13 weeks at the mo so in the mean time i guess i have to try and deal with all the pain.my advice for the pain would be go see your doc as it could be your stomach is spasming too. also im on Ranitidine which reduce the amount of acid i produce in my tum. maybe its an acid related pain im not sure though so its probably best to see your doc as i guess we're all different!!hope the pain eases for both of you,Sarah

#5 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 02:52 PM

I used to experience the same type of pain right on my belly button. When it was present, I could barely touch it. I am sure it is IBS related, as now that the bowel problems are gone, that pain no longer occurs. It's just a symptom. Work on finding the cause of your IBS.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#6 CandyElfKY

CandyElfKY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:21 PM

I was indeed pre-menstral. Went to the gyno just to make sure it wasn't female related, then went to internist, who thinks maybe I have "dysfunctional bowel disease" but is still pretty certain that it's IBS. So, now in addition to Zelnorm, he's put me on Levsin. Knock on wood, so far, there's been less pain.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here