5 replies to this topic

#1 nordattack

nordattack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 07:26 AM

Advertisement
It has been over a year now and I just want to report on the miraculous success I have had in eliminating my "severe" constipation with chlorella. I have posted about this before but feel I need to share once more. My life is so happy because of it. I take the "NOW" brand chlorella, 1000mg tablets. I take 4 tabs per day. Here is my routine. Note that it takes about one full week for the effects to get going, sometimes two for some people. Upon first waking I take 2000mg colostrum on an empty stomach with room temp water. 30 min to a hour later I eat one bowl of frosted mini-wheat's with cut nectarines then immediately take two chlorella tabs with an 8 oz glass of room temp water and my multi-vitamin. For lunch I have my big meal of the day which is anything I want mostly but I avoid all white bread and white flour dough products and pasta. This stuff is very constipating. With that meal I drink plenty of room temp water and finish the meal with an 8 oz glass of room temp water and two more chlorella tabs. About three hours later I eat a couple of handfuls of peanuts with plenty of room temp water. The peanuts help in forming bulk and keeping the stool soft. Finally a couple of hours before bed I have a light snack like a bowl of ice cream or some fruit. This routine has saved my life, I was so depressed and in so much pain that I contemplated ending it, it was that bad. But with the chlorella I have gotten my movements to every two to three days and some times every day and even in some cases twice a day! I couldn't believe it. The bowel movements are quick and easy with soft well formed stools, but don't be shocked to discover that your stools will be green from now on. I emphasize room temp water because I found cold water hurts a person with IBS and causes the digestive system to slow down and we don't want that. We want a warm active system with plenty of friendly bacteria growing wild. "NOW" brand chlorella, two 1000mg tablets right after a meal twice a day. The frosted mini-wheat's with a nectarine helps to form bulk but does not irritate like bran. I avoid soda. Here is a link where you can read all about chlorella. I hope it helps you all. No more laxatives for me! http://www.health-books.com/NaturalHealth/...nggevity_p3.htm

Advertisement

#2 doo

doo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 04:52 PM

Hi there,Thanks for the info on Chlorella. I actually just picked some up at the health food store.Quick question for you...Aren't you supposed to take it on an empty stomach rather than right after you eat?Also, did (or do) you take any other supplements such as magnesium et al.?Have you tried zelnorm? I am just asking as you think that Chlorella is the cure...and I've just started zelnorm and want to take anything that will help my IBS-C.Thanks a lot.D

#3 BohemianNY

BohemianNY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 02:47 AM

I too just want to say how much Chlorella has helped my IBS-C. I started taking 3 NOW Chlorella caps a day about 5 months ago and I am still astounded at how much it has helped. I am as regular as I have ever been! I don't quite understand what Chlorella does but it really helps to clean your system (naturally, not like a lazative) and it has made my nails grow beautiful and long. I'm so happy I tried it and I encourage all others with C to give it a shot for a few weeks. I think you will be thankful you did.Good luck!

#4 Tiss

Tiss

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 02:55 AM

I bought the liquid and you put several drops in water. I haven't noticed that it helps much. Maybe the capsules are better.
Tiss

#5 DavidLA

DavidLA

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:51 PM

HI Nordattack,-I was just wondering what brand of colostrum do you take??I'm also a big fan of chlorella but take the sun chlorella brand instead.

#6 Carla_777

Carla_777

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 02:37 PM

Are there any side effects such as increase flatlence (gas)?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here