9 replies to this topic

#1 tmar89

tmar89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

Advertisement
It seems like whenever I drink alot of water during the day, I tend to get gassy towards the evening. And then days when I don't drink as much water, I may be ok. I'm not saying its directly related because my diet definitely has an effect however I was just curious if drinking alot of water during the day can cause gas buildup.

Advertisement

#2 kare

kare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

hi,this is my first time on here...so i hope it works Posted Image I read somewhere that water can reduce the intense cramping. Since my cramping has gotten increasing worse, I started to drink alot more water. (Im talking about 4-6 bottles a day) and i find it helps. I do however get heartburn from water because of drinking it to fast. so it may also cause you gas?? I add a bit of gatoraide powder or crystal light to my bottles and i find that helps. Anyways, hope i helped a little!Karyn

#3 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

No, it cannot. The act of consuming anything can stir up gut activity and that can gas already present to move but that effect would probably be immediately after you consume something, not hours later.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#4 sickofbeingsick22

sickofbeingsick22

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:39 PM

If I drink a lot of water I feel great!!!!! I end up w/ normal bowel functions.

#5 kitty2

kitty2

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

Could it be that you are gulping some air while drinking the water?

#6 Stuart

Stuart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

Of course water has dissolved air in. Fish would die if it didn't. But I can't imagine its enough to cause too much gas. Of course carbonated drinks are another matter. A bit of simethecone (sp?) such as Gas-X after consumtion helps you to burp any air in your stomach (which my doctor says can move on into the intestines and cause gas later on.) Hope that helps.

#7 S'moDog

S'moDog

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:52 PM

Water usually helps with my gas. It keeps things moving in me so I don't get the gas pains.
"Here I sit broken hearted; tried to #### but only farted." ~Story of my life. : (

#8 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:51 AM

quote:
Could it be that you are gulping some air while drinking the water?
No, because swallows are swallows. It-whatever that is, would be occuring all the time.
quote:
Of course carbonated drinks are another matter.
It's not. CO2 is rapidly absorbed, so even here, it's not going be a big impact.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#9 al_et_al

al_et_al

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

The same things happens to me! / happening to me right now haha. It helped when I put chlorophyll in my water, only a couple drops will do it. Tap water / any water isn't always neutral, the pH can at times be off balance and on the acidic side (I also have GERD) and chlorophyll is a great alklanizer (as in in makes the water closer to a base than an acid). SO, try water with liquid chlorophyll in it (you can buy it at your local nutrition store, make sure its unflavoured otherwise those with GERD will also have a bad reaction to it because it is normally flavoured with mint).

When drinking water from anywhere, tap, work, bottled, filtered, cold, hot, I always have a bad reaction. After adding liquid chlorophyll I have no complaints and no problems at all

#10 librooks123

librooks123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Liquids bloat me up immediately. I can take a few sips of water and look in the mirror and see my belly expand. Regular food doesn't seem to cause this, only liquids like water or Ensure. Then the bloating lasts for the rest of the day and seems to stay in my intestines until the next morning when I go to the bathroom.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here