#1 dro

dro

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 05:38 PM

Advertisement
I think I have this. Does any one else? Seems to have gotten worse as I get older, maybe due to age. Any solutions?

Advertisement

#2 rickoshea

rickoshea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 06:06 PM

Yep - I seem to have a bit of this after developing my IBS - a small leakage of "pasty" stool from time to time . Haven't got any solution though :-( .........

#3 bonniei Ph.D.

bonniei Ph.D.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,831 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 05:46 PM

Do the anal manometry tests. it might reveal low resting pressure. if your sensation is intact, biofeedback can help.
----------------------------
A total of 183 patients(with unexplained GI symptoms) had breath tests, of whom 134 (73%) were positive for fructose malabsorption"
"80% of patients had lactose malabsorption "
http://ibsgroup.org/...910563#73910563

#4 CinL

CinL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:38 AM

I have this problem also, For me this started after my 3rd child was born. And has gotten worse over the years.

#5 dro

dro

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:04 PM

I help most of my leaking symptoms with metamucil, which gives me some consistency by absorbing the fluid. This limits my time between when my brain gets the info I have to go vs when I actually HAVE to go, not good, but it is an acceptable trade off.

#6 AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:19 PM

There are things get worse and others get better.while your body is older, your perciption, muturity and understanding improve. your skills to handle stress really become good. According to Eric the gut-brain is an essential part of understanding the IBS.mine start 13 years ago, and the food alergy progressivly got worse, while the perciption and muTurity improved.deep inside I feel that I will be cured

#7 kselibrary

kselibrary

Prolific Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:30 PM

I have had more trouble with it since my anal fistulectomy. I just have to make sure to have wipes available for 'after' and use a little A & D ointment to protect [I think it may actually help plug up the problem!!!]
"There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees."
Michel de Montaigne

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here