4 replies to this topic

#1 Pattymint

Pattymint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:57 PM

Advertisement
Hello. I had gone a week without any symptoms and it was wonderful. For the first time in a long time I tried having popcorn, and within one hour I was having cramping in my upper and right upper abdoman really bad. I had it all night, and this morning I had eposodes of diarreah. Anyone else have a problem with popcorn?

Advertisement

#2 nerfmom

nerfmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

Yup!! Gas galore! I don't even try to eat it any more.

#3 justshootme

justshootme

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:42 AM

The seeds in popcorn expand in your stomach and create gasses. I knew about it when I was a dieter as a diet trick. You would eat popcorn all day because it would make you feel full because of the expansions it created and therefore eat less. However in people with stomach problems....

#4 Guest_Gardentime1_*

Guest_Gardentime1_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:51 PM

Have been eating some popcorn the last 5 days and now have diarrhea. It has been over 4 years since I pigged out on popcorn. Paying the price, but enjoying the popcorn.Char

#5 nelly2

nelly2

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

Also, take into consideration if it had butter and salt on it. The butter can be a bad thing. Don't know about the salt.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here