#1 mandabell25

mandabell25

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

Advertisement
I know this is a funny topic for some, but for me it is no laughing matter! Posted ImageI just wanted to see if anyone else here has really really loud farts??? I swear mine are so loud it sounds like a 700 pound man on the toilet! Posted Image Sorry to be crude, but it is the truth they are so big I actually wake myself up through out the night -no exaggeration! The only thing I can think causing this is massive amounts of gas in my intestines all being released at once. This on top of having LG really STINKS!!!!

Advertisement

#2 Divinity

Divinity

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:02 PM

You're not alone. Posted Image

#3 Glenda

Glenda

Prolific Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

I just had to respond to this topic , as it happened to me in a crowded elevator , then after the loud Bang was over , the runs came rushing out my hind end.People stared at me and held their nose.I wanted to cry , or die first , which ever would have been easier for me.I have been taking Lomotil most of the time for the runs , but sometimes it doesn't work and I take Imodium.Glenda

#4 Nikki

Nikki

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

Lomotil is actually stronger than imodium i think, but it is a mild narcotic, so its probably best not to try and get too attached to it. My doc gave me loads to start off with and then stopped giving it to me. I had withdrawal symptoms. Ok, slight exaggeration, but it was horrible not having it because id used it as a crutch for so long.Best of luck to you!Nikki
Moderator of Young Adults Issues
Before me nothing but eternal things were made,
and i shall last eternally. Abandon every hope,
all you who enter."

Posted Image
Member 3539

#5 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

quote:
Lomotil is actually stronger than imodium
No, Imodium is stronger than Lomotil.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#6 Arnie W

Arnie W

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

With all my gas obsession and worries, I guess I'm lucky in that I've never had an accidental explosive fart in front of anyone. Mine just leak out quietly. I certainly can manufacture the explosive ones, but save them for when I can get a good distance away from other people and then let them out to release all the buildup.

#7 mandabell25

mandabell25

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:26 PM

Arnie - I am the same as you my farts dont just happen to pop out in front of people.... I actually have to push and push to get it out and when it comes out it is loud and proud! Posted ImageBUT, my question is why are they soooo big & why do I have to push so hard just to pass gas????

#8 philm2

philm2

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

Gas that i have is really strange too. I sometimes have to push it out or it slips out on its own. It's like my rear has a mind of its own when it comes to getting rid of gas.

#9 hanna

hanna

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

From reading all the posts above it seems that all lg'ers have 2 types of gas, one is the kind that has to be forced out and lg is the one that just kind or leaks out on it's own. So it couldn't be lax spinchter/muscles in the case of lg.

#10 mandabell25

mandabell25

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:23 PM

You are right hanna, I dont think loose sphincter muscles are to blame... in my case anyway! I have to push & force my flatus to come out, I have never ever had one to just pop out without my help! Posted Image

#11 gal

gal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:16 PM

This meens you don't loose gas. In my case I wish I need to push it.

#12 little miss pink

little miss pink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:58 PM

Hi all.I wish to god that i had to push mine out! Mine just come without any warning and i have to try my hardest to keep them in when in public! Posted ImageMy worst was in tesco the other day. It smelt awful. I just grabbed the essentials and headed straight to the check out! I was sooo embarrased.When i'm in bed is when mine's at it's worst as that's when i relax. They really stink! I have to change the sheets all the time!! Posted Image

#13 Bachiana2005

Bachiana2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:43 AM

During the day I clench like crazy and I can retain some of the gas. The constant effort tires me out and I long for a vacation. But...where to go without having to stand in line to get a ticket? Going away requires the quiet bathrooms of a hotel and turning on the water taps full force just doesn't cover up all the sound any more. So I stay home.Like mandab, I am relaxed when in REM sleep and serenade the neighbors. I used to wake up from the sound too and woke up a wreck from the interrupted sleep. So now I take and am addicted to a sleep aid. At least i can get some rest from all the tension that way. I have no idea what the neighbors are hearing now.They called the cops once, and the officer said to the complaining neighbor "Have you ever tried speaking about it to your neighbor? You have to have a legitimate complaint to call 911". And then they drove off.I have new neighbors now. I am waiting for them to move too. The owner of the 2 family house has had it with the constant moving in and out, but has not spoken to me about it.I did mention it to a doctor neighbor in the hope that he would pass the reason for the nocturnal musical rendition on to the other neighbors. No one in all these years has even mentioned it to me face to face. I did get the teenagers making whoopy cusion noises as they left the house each morning, though.I am still learning how to hold my head up when I go out my door every day.Socially I manage to make it to an occaisional movie or to church and sit in the very last row or far away from everyone. People call me a 'loner'. Several years ago I was just the opposite. My personality has definitely changed as a result of IBS gas.

#14 Catsratz

Catsratz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

I think the only time this happened in public was at a Paddy's Day dinner - after I ate homemade horseradish. Fortunately, the room was noisy! (This was a year before I began having IBS symptoms.)Other than that, I seldom have to let anything go in public - but in bed first thing in the morning, and sometimes nights, it's a different story.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here