#1 SigKnee

SigKnee

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 01:34 PM

Advertisement
I went to my doctor yesterday and showed him articles that I printed out on the trials for Low Dose Naltrexone. He called the pharmacist that has his pharmacy next door to this office, and he had said that he only has seen the dose as low as 50mg. But, he said he would do some research on this and see how to get this at a lower dosage. Does anyone know how to get this? My doctor is more than happy to have me try this for my IBS. I showed him the success rate which was 76% when trialed with 50 participants. Maybe it's named under some other name. I would appreciate any information that anyone can give me. Posted Image Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 megsy33

megsy33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 01:57 PM

You could get a pill splitter and split it into four. That way you could 12.5 mg in one dose, although I'm not sure how much you are wanting to take.

#3 megsy33

megsy33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 02:02 PM

I also found this....How can I obtain LDN (low-dose naltrexone) and what will it cost? > LDN can be prescribed by your doctor, and prepared by your local pharmacy.Naltrexone is a prescription drug, so your physician would have to give you an Rx after deciding that LDN appears appropriate for you. Naltrexone in the large 50mg size, originally manufactured by DuPont under the brand name ReVia, is now sold by Bristol-Meyers Squibb under that brand name. It is also sold by Mallinckrodt as Depade and by Barr Laboratories under the generic name, naltrexone. LDN is now being made available by hundreds of local pharmacies, as well as by some mail-order pharmacies, around the US. Some pharmacists have been grinding up the 50mg tablets of naltrexone to prepare the 4.5mg capsules of LDN; others use naltrexone, purchased as a powder, from a primary manufacturer.One of the first pharmacies to do so was Irmat Pharmacy in Manhattan. Their recent price for a one-month's supply of 4.5mg LDN (30 capsules) was $38. Irmat will ship it anywhere, in the US or to other countries, and will accept prescriptions from any licensed physician.> Pharmacies that are good sources of LDN: Irmat Pharmacy, New York, NY (212) 685-0500 Village Apothecary, New York, NY (212) 807-7566 Key Pharmacy, South Kent, WA (800) 878-1322 The Medicine Shoppe, Canandaigua, NY (800) 396-9970 Smith's Pharmacy, Toronto, Canada (800) 361-6624 > IMPORTANT: Make sure to specify that you do NOT want LDN in a slow-release form.Reports have been received from patients that their pharmacies have been supplying a slow-release form of naltrexone. Pharmacies should be instructed NOT to provide LDN in an "SR" or slow-release or timed-release form. Unless the low dose of naltrexone is in an unaltered form, which permits it to reach a prompt "spike" in the blood stream, its therapeutic effects may be inhibited.

#4 megsy33

megsy33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 02:12 PM

I read some of the study details and this is the dosage used in the trials....Treatment consisted of 0.5 mg dose of PTI-901 (low dose naltrexone) daily over a four-week period

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here