10 replies to this topic

#1 meichmann

meichmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:10 AM

Advertisement
I have had IBS for 21 Years now. It switches detween D and C, but it's mostly D. Recently, I've noticed that right before a bowel movement, I get nauseous and it goes away after I go. i was wondering if anyone else experiences this.thanks!

Advertisement

#2 *~em~*

*~em~*

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:50 AM

hi meichmann i have the same as you with the both IBS C and D i have noticied i feel a bit nauseous before going but i only get that when ive waited a little to long or if im having a bad batch of D unfortunatly i hvaent found anything that really helps with this sorry i couldent be more help Posted Image

#3 IBfree2beme

IBfree2beme

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:27 AM

Hello and welcome Meichmann, Good to see someone else from Jersey. I get that once in a while too, and Like em said, usually when it's a bad D day. If the nausea is an all the time thing, it could be because of your panccreas, gerd, or a few other things. Have you seen a good gastro doc about this?Brett
IBFree2beme,
IBS-D for at least 19 years. Thanks to Mike Tapes my anxiety attacks are few and far between.

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

http://ibsgroup.org/.../frm/f/72210261

#4 descartesmum

descartesmum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:44 AM

Hi, I've had ibs-d now for 34 years and have always had nausea before running to the loo. Or just nausea at times. I also sometimes feel hot before running too. Former NJ girl Posted Image
A journey of a thousand miles must start with a single step.

#5 meichmann

meichmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:23 AM

Brett, Yes I have been to a GI Doctor. I had an endoscopy done and found I have severe gastritus(sp) and Esophagitus. My family has a bad history of gall bladders going bad and I am at the age where it starts to go bad but Multiple tests show nothings wrong (so far). They have me on Carafate and Prevacid, and I've modified my diet to limit, if not cut out, carbonation and caffiene. I've also increased my intake of fiber. Since I am very active in the gym, I've also eliminated protien powders(which I found can be very hard on the stomach, no matter what kind of protien it is), and substituted it with protien drinks pre-made in water. Isopure Zero carb is what I drink now. Apparently from what I've been told, The company that makes Isopure makes thier protien for bodybuilders who have IBS and/or are lactose intolerant(I am both Posted Image ). I have noticed since I made these changes, my IBS isn't acting up as bad. The pain has been reduced to almost non-existant, and my bowel movements are pretty much regular under normal circumstances.And, yes, it's always good to see a fellow "Jersian" Posted Image

#6 IBfree2beme

IBfree2beme

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 05:03 AM

Sorry about the Gastritis and esophagitus.And glad for you that since making changes you are not acting up as bad.Brett
IBFree2beme,
IBS-D for at least 19 years. Thanks to Mike Tapes my anxiety attacks are few and far between.

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

http://ibsgroup.org/.../frm/f/72210261

#7 RightFx

RightFx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:32 PM

When I'm at the beginnings of a bad stomach ache phase of ibs then I feel sick a lot but it tends to go a few days later. I don't know if this is what you mean.

#8 meichmann

meichmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 04:10 PM

This nauseous feeling is just about everytime prior to me going to the bathroom, wether it's an IBS attack or not.Thanks for the well wishes!

#9 lisarae

lisarae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:00 PM

I always get nauseous before a flare up. I take prometh gel. It works great, it is a compound and you rub it on your wrist. It is a life saver for me. Lisa

#10 totalkonfuzion

totalkonfuzion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:08 PM

Where you do find this Prometh Gel? Is it for Nausea specifically?

#11 lee'sbabe

lee'sbabe

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:43 PM

I feel sick to my stomach sometimes too. My anxiety makes it worse. There are times when I'll be in the car and all of a sudden be so sick to my stomach that I have to pull over. I don't know what it's from and I don't have any secret recepies to cure it. I just wanted to lend you my support. Posted Image
Live and Learn. But most importantly; Learn to Live.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here