8 replies to this topic

#1 JSummer

JSummer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:55 AM

Advertisement
I am new to this site and to severe IBS symptoms. I have chronic problems with lower back pain and gas with constipation no matter how much fiber I eat. My doctor just seems to dismiss this. Most information describes stomach pain, but mine is always in my lower back. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

#2 conqueribs

conqueribs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

I do not have any suggestions perse, but I deal with back pain along with my stomach pain. Nobody seems to believe me and I feel like a crippled 90 year old some days. When I get really bad back pain I just put some heat on it (heating pad, bean bag, something..) to relax the muscles. Sometimes I am uptight and sitting in an akward position, so if I lay down and take the pressure off of my back then I will tend to feel better. Keep asking your doc about it - maybe one of these times they will realize you are telling the truth.
don't give up - relief can be found.

#3 AKB

AKB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

I get lower back pain with IBS flare-ups too. Lots of gas and bloating. After bowel movements it's worse for awhile. I have to lie down with a heaing pad on my back. Usually am nauseous and fatigued too.

#4 Sarmiento

Sarmiento

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

###JSummerI know back pain too. When stool and gas gets trapped, often this happend on the right side of my colon. The pain also wanders to my upper leg. Perhaps you would do better without fiber because fiber is gas maker. My gastro-doc told me that sometimes it's better for IBS people to make the stool thin. That stool don`t pressure the colon walls. Perhaps you can treat your C in anoter way, with mild laxatives like magnesium or dulcolax. Do you know what is the origin of your pain? Hypersiblity, Spasms ?
IBS-C with pain and gas since 5 years.

#5 spasticguts

spasticguts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

Wow! I found the right place to chat! My pain is almost 90% in my back, especially on the lower right side. For anyone who has had a baby, it feels a lot like back labor. EXTREME pressure with a lot of pain...onlyl without the small intervals of rest and the eventual epidural. My remedy has been the same as a lot of the other posts I've read. I put a warming pad on and LAY DOWN. Laying down/sleep is a 100% cure for my pain. Now I just have to figure out how to live life without always laying down! Ha! But seriously, I'm glad I'm not crazy. It seems everyone always hurts in their gut. I guess IBS expresses itself in many ways.

#6 SpAsMaN*

SpAsMaN*

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:28 AM

Most lower back pain is on the rigth side.This is caused by bad motility/emptying of the cecum who push against the vertebraes.You have to be careful with this pushing of vertebrae.Take care of the C coz your back can move the vertebrae out of his place.EXTREMLY PAINFUL.Constipation being the mother of all ailments.
---------------------------------
-->IBS INDUCED BY NSAIDS NAPROXEN
-->NSAIDS YOU SUCKS!!!
-Permanent discomfort/cecum&sigmoid stuck/trapped gas-
---->IBS-Type constipation normal transit time(diagnose with non-relaxing puborectalis december 2005)
--->Pubic nevralgia
***WORST PERMANENTLY SINCE RIFAXIMIN

#7 SpAsMaN*

SpAsMaN*

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

UNBELEIVABLE.My vertebrae just crack causing extrem pain as i warn in my post above.I'M SCREW FOR ONE WEEK! Posted ImageI think i will schedule a cecopexia in a desesperate attemp to reduce the cecum inner pressure.But for now,i can't move!!! Posted Image
---------------------------------
-->IBS INDUCED BY NSAIDS NAPROXEN
-->NSAIDS YOU SUCKS!!!
-Permanent discomfort/cecum&sigmoid stuck/trapped gas-
---->IBS-Type constipation normal transit time(diagnose with non-relaxing puborectalis december 2005)
--->Pubic nevralgia
***WORST PERMANENTLY SINCE RIFAXIMIN

#8 mindy1597

mindy1597

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

I know some people don't believe in chiropractors, but when my back starts hurt I run to him. Mine uses a spine stimulator and not the twisting and cracking that most people think of when they think of Chiropractors. He puts everthing back in place and I feel tons better. I agree with laying off the fiber if you are C. or add it very, very gradually so your system has time to get used to it. I cannot eat any fresh fruit or veggies. too much gas, pain and bloat. Mindy
I wonder what it is like to be comfortable in your own body.

IBS 20+ years, hysterectomy & appendectomy.

#9 mindy1597

mindy1597

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

one more thing - for you ladies - make sure you are ok female wise. When my back pain was at it's worst, I had ovarian cysts and adenomyosis. Ended up having a partial hysterectomy and my back pain only acts up if I get really C. Mindy
I wonder what it is like to be comfortable in your own body.

IBS 20+ years, hysterectomy & appendectomy.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here