#1 Forrest

Forrest

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

Advertisement
i was just wondering if anyone gets nausea after eating?

Advertisement

#2 Lizzy669

Lizzy669

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

Only when I eat an acid reflux trigger. Nausea has always been one of my reflux symptoms.

#3 Guest_Wheever_*

Guest_Wheever_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:54 AM

Absolutely!Before eating, after eating...whenever. It was all the time, especially in the morning.Actually, I think a lot of Drs don't understand that nausea is somtimes the *only* symptom for some of us. (Other than that occasional feeling of being stuck through the middle of the chest with a spear.) My Doc got so frustrated he doubled my nexium--which *finally* brought the nausea under control. (Today is my first day back on a single dose, so wish me luck.)So you too might want to talk to your doc about doubling your dose of meds.Good luck!Andrew

#4 Forrest

Forrest

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:14 AM

yeah my nausea helps when i burp a little but i dont have heart burn that much and my endoscopy didnt show anything!!and i do bloat right after eating i had one gi doc talk about nexium but i never got the pills

#5 Angry Optimist

Angry Optimist

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:03 AM

Wishing you luck, Wheever!Hope it's under control and stays that way.

#6 Guest_Wheever_*

Guest_Wheever_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:25 AM

Sadly, one pill didn't work so well. :-(I was queasy by noon and could barely eat my lunch, by dinnertime I was ready to shoot myself.My insurance won't cover more then a 30 pills a month, so if I try to stay on the 2x dose, it'll be out of pocket...which is a whole lot more expensive than smoking was. (Let's not got there again, shall we?)Maybe I just need a different med. My brother swears by Prevacid.Oh well. Sucks to be moi.Andrew

#7 Craig_J

Craig_J

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, I get nausea. I've been prescribed domperidome for it. Get a 100 of them, which is cheaper than those 12 tablets in a pack of Motillium.
IBS, Crohns, UC? Single? Don't want to be?
http://www.irritatedbeingsingle.com

#8 betsyb

betsyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:17 PM

I swear by Prilosec. I take 40mg every day. If your doctor writes the prescription correctly your insurance will cover it. Insurance covers 30 days of pills, not 30 pills. It's all in how they write the script. Good luck!

#9 Screamer

Screamer

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:41 PM

I get it too. Mostly for me it's at night after dinner (I do have reflux although I don't get heartburn from it so much as the nausea). I take Nexium but I can't say it does much for the nausea. I try to keep some Maxalon in the house for if it gets really bad but otherwise can't help Posted Image
"Animals are my friends...and I don't eat my friends."
--George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Peaceful Prairie
Please feed an animal, click here
Go Veg!
My Blog
Amy-IBS-A-Sigh, oh well, they say variety is the spice of life :P

#10 Geraldine100

Geraldine100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:35 PM

Hi,I have felt really awful for the past few days. I've been under a really high amount of stress and know that's what's probably triggered my IBS.My stomach has been a bit dodgy but that's not the main symptom this time. What I've really had is a right 'seedy' feeling. It's not quite nausea but it's just a queasy feeling high up in my stomach. I have absolutely no appetite and even half a cup of soup at lunchtime today made me feel I was gonna throw up. And the amount of big time belching I'm doing is unbelievable.I've had this yucky feeling many times over the years. It usually goes after a few days then I eat like a horse.Does anyone know what it actually is? Posted Image

#11 EmmaM

EmmaM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:25 AM

Hi i'm newI get it all the time, nausea followed by lots of gas and burping so attractive...not

#12 Geraldine100

Geraldine100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:44 PM

Hi Emma and welcome. Posted ImageI'm sure it's trapped wind or something. I've felt slightly better today.

#13 Forrest

Forrest

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

emma iam just like you it follows gas and burping as well!!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here