White grape juice? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

White grape juice?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 suffering

suffering

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

Advertisement
Tonight I had some of the worst D. I drank some white grape juice, and within 2 hours I was running to the bathroom. It was so bad, I was like a running faucet. It was like I was doing the colonoscopy prep.I'm pretty sure the white grape juice caused it, because that's the only "new" thing that I consumed today. Does white grape juice have any sugars that might cause D?

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:56 AM

Now that you mention it I drink grape juice and it doesn't affect me, I'm IBS-D. But my hubby who has a rock hard stomach and no stomach issues at all makes it a priority to drink grape juice when he feels constipated...he swears it makes him go to the bathroom.

#3 sazzy

sazzy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

Well my doctor mentioned that orange juice can cause ibs d, though i haven't experienced any problems with that myself, but maybe grapefruit juice has something similar in it. Any way now you've found out that that causes it you can avoid it now. I know i get awful D if i even taste black pepper, which used to be used a lot in my house so we had to make some big changes there lol.

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

Ususally white grape juice is considered intestine friendly because they don't have any sugars or sugar alcohols to set you off.Was it real juice, or a spritz of fruit juice that is mixed with high fructose corn syrup?http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t042600.asp#T042601 for the which fruits have bad sugars in them info.K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#5 suffering

suffering

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:24 PM

It was Welch's 100% White Grape Juice.I might try some again tomorrow just to confirm that it caused it.

#6 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:42 AM

Even when a food should be safe people may have a reaction to it that is atypical.It is always good to recheck a food a couple of times. Sometime the IBS goes off for a NON-dietary reason and the food gets the blame.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#7 suffering

suffering

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

Hmm, the white grape juice didn't affect me tonight. The only other thing I can think of that I consumed was some flavored AquaFina water, which has these ingredients:Filtered water, white grape juice concentrate, natural flavors, phosphoric acid, sodium hexametaphosphate, citric acid, potassium citrate, aspartame, potassium benzoate, potassium sorbate, acesulfame potassium, calcium disodium EDTA, vitamin E acetate, niacinamide, vitamin B6, vitamin B12I'm always drinking aspartame, so I know that doesn't cause any problems for me. But could any of those other ingredients cause problems?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here