1 reply to this topic

#1 junebride

junebride

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:28 PM

Advertisement
Hello,Quick question, are graham crackers a really safe IBS food. I bought some cinnamon graham crackers and want to eat them all the time but am worried if they have whole wheat flour in them. The package says wheat flour and they look brown so I was wondering if it is whole wheat? I am living in Japan and find it difficult to find things to eat at times. What cooked veggies are safe?Thanks

Advertisement

#2 Heather Van Vorous

Heather Van Vorous

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 08:50 PM

Hi - graham crackers are really well-tolerated by most IBS folks. They're brown from the graham flour, not from whole wheat.For veggies, what you want to watch out for is high levels of insoluble fiber, or sulfur. Veggies with a lot of soluble fiber are much safer. In general, cooking any vegetable will minimize the risks from both the insoluble fiber and sulfur, so there aren't very many veggies that you can't ever eat at all. For a list of soluble/insoluble fiber foods and veggies, check here web page Best,Heather
Heather Van Vorous is a health and food writer specializing in dietary issues for people with bowel disorders. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year:IBS. She has had the disorder since childhood, teaches classes on eating and cooking for IBS, provides physicians with IBS patient management information, and works with corporate HR departments to offer employee IBS awareness programs. Her mission is to offer education, support, and tangible help to allow people with IBS to successfully manage their symptoms through lifestyle modifications. ...com

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here