3 replies to this topic

#1 jch311

jch311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:50 AM

Advertisement
Hi, I have had IBS-c for a very long time and have used glycerin suppositories off and on for several years. For the past 2 weeks, I have had to use one every morning. I am very worried about this being a problem. Lately my stool is soft but it will not come out. I get tired from straining and wonder if that has caused me problems also. I also have bad gastritis and GERD. I have had these problems since I was 20 and I am now 33. Is there anyone else who usues suppositories a lot and if so has it caused any problems? Anyone know why you can have a BM that is soft in the rectum and will not come out? Thanks so much!
jeannie

Advertisement

#2 jo-jo

jo-jo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

Hi jeannie,I have the exact problem. I have been using supps every morning for about 7 years. I was worried about it but my GI doctor assures me that there is absolutely no problem with it. I only use the glycerine and not the full of chemical. I wouldn't be able to go without them at all, so far it has been a life saver. It's funny... or not funny... i know in the morning i need to go because i can feel everything churning in there, pressure ect, i use the supp then everything works and it's even soft! I don't know why i can't start to go on my own, it's like it's stuck even though it may be watery. All i can say it thank god for glycerine. I hope it works out for you. This is what works for me.
Can you feel the bubbles?

#3 jch311

jch311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the reply! I have had times when the glycerin suppositories did not work. SOmetimes if the stool os not at the very end of the rectum, it will not work and then I will be in discomfort all day and just have the wax come at in small pieces from straining. Lately my stool is soft and at the end and so I have been using them. I feel I need to go but cannot relax enough or something. I have had these issues for years. I am only 32 years old. So sad. I have had an endoscopy and colonoscoppy and was found to have sever gastritis, colon polyps, redundant colon, and bebign colon tumor. Also from using senna a lot in the past, I had something called melanosis coli. I stopped using the senna and cascara sagrada after that. It just seems like I cannot be normal like and go when needed.I have anxiety because I have to make sure to get up early and allow enough time to go to the bathroom or I am in pain all day. Plus sometimes from stressing so hard about it- I can't go Posted ImageJeannie
jeannie

#4 jo-jo

jo-jo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:03 AM

WOW, we're twins. I'm only 38 and i;m stuck with this, it is sad. I get up 3 hours before i have to leave the house, this makes for some very long days. I don't sleap over anywhere because of this. I just used up my last zelnorm yesterday morning, my doc had given me 6 pills he found. Are you married? Does hubby find it difficult?
Can you feel the bubbles?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here