1 reply to this topic

#1 little bit

little bit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 12:30 AM

Advertisement
Hello everyone! I haven't been here in awhile. With Linda's calcium tips and Mike's tapes, I have been doing very well with my IBS-D that I have suffered with for many, many years.I have a urinary tract infection now that I have to take antibiotics for 4 months. I developed a yeast infection and horrible bloating with gas pains. Below the waist feels like someone has punched me repeatedly. I called my regular doctor this week who in turn called the urologist who said antibiotics were a must so they changed me from Septra (sulfer) to a supposedly more friendly one for me. The gas has not gotten one bit better. I have tried taking an acidophilis pill with the antibiotic, also pribotics, beano, phayzyme, almost every OTC product to stop this painful bloating. Does anyone have suggestions. I find myself staying home rather than having any contact with people. It hurts and quite embarrassing, it is hard to manage. I would welcome any suggestion.

Advertisement

#2 jo-jo

jo-jo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 09:27 PM

Hi little bitI can feal your pain. I was on antibiotics for a few years for acnee and the antibiotic caused inflamation of the intestines, bad bloating, gas with extreme pain. I wish I knew the answer to your question but I don't. I stopped taking it because the pain got gradualy worse until I could barely walk. I just hope the 4 months go by fast for you. I had 2 urinary track infections before and each time I was put on a 10 day treatment with Septra and that cleared it up. I hope the pain goes away, brings back painful memories. Posted Image Posted Image
Can you feel the bubbles?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here