1 reply to this topic

#1 little bit

little bit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 12:30 AM

Advertisement
Hello everyone! I haven't been here in awhile. With Linda's calcium tips and Mike's tapes, I have been doing very well with my IBS-D that I have suffered with for many, many years.I have a urinary tract infection now that I have to take antibiotics for 4 months. I developed a yeast infection and horrible bloating with gas pains. Below the waist feels like someone has punched me repeatedly. I called my regular doctor this week who in turn called the urologist who said antibiotics were a must so they changed me from Septra (sulfer) to a supposedly more friendly one for me. The gas has not gotten one bit better. I have tried taking an acidophilis pill with the antibiotic, also pribotics, beano, phayzyme, almost every OTC product to stop this painful bloating. Does anyone have suggestions. I find myself staying home rather than having any contact with people. It hurts and quite embarrassing, it is hard to manage. I would welcome any suggestion.

Advertisement

#2 jo-jo

jo-jo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 09:27 PM

Hi little bitI can feal your pain. I was on antibiotics for a few years for acnee and the antibiotic caused inflamation of the intestines, bad bloating, gas with extreme pain. I wish I knew the answer to your question but I don't. I stopped taking it because the pain got gradualy worse until I could barely walk. I just hope the 4 months go by fast for you. I had 2 urinary track infections before and each time I was put on a 10 day treatment with Septra and that cleared it up. I hope the pain goes away, brings back painful memories. Posted Image Posted Image
Can you feel the bubbles?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here