#1 Davis 2002

Davis 2002

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 10:29 PM

Advertisement
We eat white rice on a daily basis does white rice cause constipation I have IBS-C

Advertisement

#2 bloatcity

bloatcity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 12:21 AM

Davis, a naturopath told me once white rice is constipating. Then other things I've read indicate rice is v. well tolerated by the gut. However, the Food Allergy book I read - can't remember name - check posts here in this BB - said that leftover rice deteriorates v. quickly and forms some kind of bacteria on the shell within 2 days after cooking, even if refridgerated and advised eating it asap. So maybe the bacteria could cause the constipation???? Hope this helps. Posted Image
Life is short ... eat dessert first!

#3 bloatcity

bloatcity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 12:21 AM

Davis, a naturopath told me once white rice is constipating. Then other things I've read indicate rice is v. well tolerated by the gut. However, the Food Allergy book I read - can't remember name - check posts here in this BB - said that leftover rice deteriorates v. quickly and forms some kind of bacteria on the shell within 2 days after cooking, even if refridgerated and advised eating it asap. So maybe the bacteria could cause the constipation???? Hope this helps. Posted Image
Life is short ... eat dessert first!

#4 -Morgan-

-Morgan-

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 10:41 AM

Rice causes C for me. We also used to feed the dogs hamburger & rice when they had D.P.

#5 -Morgan-

-Morgan-

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 10:41 AM

Rice causes C for me. We also used to feed the dogs hamburger & rice when they had D.P.

#6 AD

AD

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 02:51 PM

No single food can directly cause constipation! Only a LACK of fiber or fibrous foods can.If a person fills up on low-fiber foods like rice, they may tend to consume less high-fiber foods. It's just the lack of fiber, not the rice, that's causing the problem.Unlike cramping or D, constipation is not "triggered." If a person has C, he or she developed it over several days. It's the whole diet over several days that is constipating, NOT a single food.

#7 AD

AD

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 02:51 PM

No single food can directly cause constipation! Only a LACK of fiber or fibrous foods can.If a person fills up on low-fiber foods like rice, they may tend to consume less high-fiber foods. It's just the lack of fiber, not the rice, that's causing the problem.Unlike cramping or D, constipation is not "triggered." If a person has C, he or she developed it over several days. It's the whole diet over several days that is constipating, NOT a single food.

#8 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 03:07 PM

quote:
No single food can directly cause constipation! Only a LACK of fiber or fibrous foods can.
This is correct.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#9 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 03:07 PM

quote:
No single food can directly cause constipation! Only a LACK of fiber or fibrous foods can.
This is correct.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here