5 replies to this topic

#1 daisy03

daisy03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:17 PM

Advertisement
OMG -- I am in so much pain right now. I just found this site today, so that gives me some relief.I have IBS with constipation and severe, severe gas and have been suffering for almost 4 years. Right now I am having a flare up. I usually try in vain to burp or fart, but nothing works. Am I alone in this technique??Passing gas usually relieves me a little. Can someone tell me something they have done besides take otc gas meds, massage or tea...ANYTHING! I look pregnant! And me and my fake baby are dying!

Advertisement

#2 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:40 PM

quote:
Passing gas usually relieves me a little.
So maybe gas isn't the problem.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#3 SpAsMaN*

SpAsMaN*

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:20 AM

Ans stools who stinks Flux? Posted ImageToxic gas?
---------------------------------
-->IBS INDUCED BY NSAIDS NAPROXEN
-->NSAIDS YOU SUCKS!!!
-Permanent discomfort/cecum&sigmoid stuck/trapped gas-
---->IBS-Type constipation normal transit time(diagnose with non-relaxing puborectalis december 2005)
--->Pubic nevralgia
***WORST PERMANENTLY SINCE RIFAXIMIN

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,863 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:45 AM

The amount of pain and discomfort and the amount of gas are not always related.If farting relieves the pain going after gas treatments make sense, but if it doesn't then other methods of treating pain may need to be pursued.Peppermint is an over the counter thing that helps some people. Although you sound like a candidate for Zelnorm as a prescription because it treats the constipation, bloating and pain.Have you been to the doctor about this? There are a number of ways to treat the constipation (and if you normally strain a lot for no result on the bottom end of thing pelvic floor testing may be needed)I think for most people straining to burp and fart tends to make them worse. A lot of time it is a natural response to the discomfort but doesn't really do much for it and I think what some people do to try to make themselves do what they do not need to do only serves to make the problem worse, or keep the problem going longer than it would if you tried to distract yourself and use relaxation techniques to get through the discomfort.K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#5 peggy06

peggy06

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:39 PM

Kath is right about most things including the amount of gas and amount of pain. I have a really kinky (that's what the doc calls it) ascending colon. Gas gets trapped over on the right side - I can see it - sometimes it looks like a golf ball - some times a tennis ball. And I can sort of encourage it to get moving by pushing it.I don't really think that peppermint helps me - but it can not hurt. So, I take a cup of peppermint tea each afternoon. Mechanically, you can try getting down on all fours and arching your back like a cat then reversing it to an extreme swayback position. That doesn't help me - but I know it helps some people. I find that laying on my back and scrunching my knees up to my nose and holding that position for a while frequently helps. My case is a little different that most - because of the anatomical issues. But, it is still gas and it still gets trapped. HugsPeggy

#6 stinky too

stinky too

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

Back when I was a teen I use to get terrible cramps with my monthly. I would do certain excercises for my ABS that would help me fart and that would really help. Now I have no problem farting Posted Image as I do it 24-7. and it stinkith so much. Posted Image

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here