Reflexology and IBS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Alyn Paul Coward_*

Guest_Alyn Paul Coward_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2000 - 08:40 PM

Advertisement
Hi, Ive just found this BB so this is my first posting!I am a reflexologist from Bolton, England. I am currently undertaking a study to assess the effect of a course of reflexology on the symptoms of IBS. I have suffered from the condition myself since 1990 and have been helped a great deal by receiving reflexology. Hence the interest and the desire to carry out the study. So far (I'm about half way through the study)the signs are very encouraging.I would be interested to know if any of you have had any success in relieving your symptoms of IBS through reflexology, or any other complementary therapy.Best Wishes,Alyn.

Advertisement

#2 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 22 February 2000 - 11:13 PM

A study. Exactly where is this study being conducted? How is it being controlled?
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#3 britta

britta

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 February 2000 - 01:06 AM

I see someone for polarity work and occasionally she will do some reflexology, I havehad no success with it whatsoever. The polarity takes away my cramping though.
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane. J. Buffett

#4 MartyG

MartyG

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 February 2000 - 01:35 PM

Yes, I go about every 3 weeks for reflexology treatments that help to calm down my digestive tract considerably. I also have acupuncture and shiatsu (sp?) and follow a macrobiotic diet. I no longer have to rely on medication, except every once in a while. Maybe a few times a month, if that. Usually after a reflexology treatment, I sleep better that night and everything is much quieter the next few days. I have had digestive problems and IBS since 1959, and have tried alternative treatments since 1986. It really helps. Good luck in your venture.Marty

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here