#1 ziglady

ziglady

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 April 2000 - 04:52 PM

Advertisement
I just read something about Pelvic Congestion Syndrome and was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it. It's supposedly caused by dilation or abnormality of the ovarian veins, allowing blood to flow backward and pool in the abdomen. Symptoms can include burning and throbbing pain in the abdomen or lower back, menstrual abnormalities, chronic fatigue, urinary frequency and irritable bowel syndrome. I found a brief explanation at http://www.wfla.com/health/100.htm Since I have all these symptoms, I'd like to find out more before running to my dr. with yet another theory that will make her sigh and roll her eyes.

Advertisement

#2 marianne

marianne

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 April 2000 - 05:03 PM

This is a peculiar website, it seems to be an eye institue and the citations are from radiologists who of course would benefit from anyone seeking out the procedure they are describing. Did you try searching this on any first rate medical websites?

#3 Guest_Heather.B_*

Guest_Heather.B_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2000 - 07:06 PM

I am concerned about myself after reading your message.I would really like to know how you get on. I have had to stop work now as the pain is so bad.I have got pains in the abdomen and urinary problems plus IBS ie stooling 3-4 times a day and sometimes burning in lower part of the bowel. (sorry to be graphic!). I have got cramps in my pelvic muscles, my back and head, sometimes the pain can spread to arms legs, hands toes everywhere but originates in the pelvic muscles. The pain is even more horrendous before and during periods. I feel like I've been beaten up. Intercourse also makes my pelvic muscles ache after and hurts during. Incedentially I'm 23 yrs old so I'm not sure if this applies to me. I was cabin crew for a year and that's when my problems started. I'm wondering if the air pressure had something to do with it. A gastronetroligist told me i have got spasm in the pelvic muscles. Let me know if you go to your doctor and what he/she says then I might think about going back to mine.I know you're not sure about it either but I hope you can find out. Perhaps someone else will read our stories and help. Good luck!

#4 JeanG

JeanG

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 20 April 2000 - 07:17 PM

Hi Zig:I've seen this term somewhere before. Right now I'm running around trying to get things done, so I'll try to find something on it tonight.JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG
*** Seeking accurate information in the fight against IBS ***

#5 SteveE

SteveE

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 21 April 2000 - 01:48 PM

Ok, so I'm not a woman, but I wonder if an analagous thing could be going on with me. I have a varacoscele (sp?)...which is an entanglement of veins in that area. My IBS started after I got treatment for pain caused by this entanglement. I was also diagnosed at the time (by ultrasound) with a couple other similar problems.

#6 Guest_Annie29_*

Guest_Annie29_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2000 - 10:01 PM

I have a redundent colon and it all settles below my my hips in my pelvic area. My GYN said that can cause alot of my Ibs problems since they are all so close together. Also my IBS only flairs up during ovulation, and my cycle. Glad too see others putting it together. Sure makes sense.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here