#1 MariaM

MariaM

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:07 PM

Advertisement
Over the past two months, I've developed gurgling in the esophagus. Sometimes it occurs when I talk, other times just out of the blue,after eating, or when I chew gum. Is this just another aspect of GERD or could it be a medication side effect? Just wondered if anyone else has experience with this and knows what causes it? Thanks.

Advertisement

#2 jenEbean

jenEbean

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:46 AM

I just read an article about Zenkers diverticulum. One of the signs of this is gurgling in the esophagus. Maybe you should have it checked out.Where is Tabb, Va? I am between Charlottesville and Waynesboro, Va.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"...Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3 MariaM

MariaM

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the information. I have a doctor's appointment next week and will ask about it. This symptom has been getting more and more bothersome. Tabb, Va is located between Yorktown and Newport News.

#4 joolie

joolie

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:59 PM

hi and welcome wooley Posted Image
joolie :)

#5 PoserAngel

PoserAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:52 PM

Hi I have the same thing going on with my esophagus, Sometimes is okay but this past days I been having that anoying Gurgling, I want to ask anybody in here? does anybody have sounds of the gurgling when you drink water?, I can feel and hear the water go down is really bothering me.I haven't had any test yet. Is coming out of my own pocket. I was taking protonix. I only take Zantac when I need it. But my tummy is been acting up weird. Posted ImageI hope to hear from you soonThank You and I wish all of us a quick recovery Posted Image

#6 wooley2

wooley2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:00 AM

Sorry to hear you are having this awful problem. I too have had this now for over 6 weeks. I swallow and I can feel the gurgling. Had an upper GI and they said all it was just mild acid reflux. I stopped the nexium,protonix etc. They were really messing up my stomach. I am trying some natural remedies. Hope you get well soon.

#7 PoserAngel

PoserAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:04 PM

Hi wooley2 what do you take? does it make you feel better after taking your natural remedies? and what type of natural remedies do you take? I'm going to have to take Prilosec again, I only took it for four week and it work now I had stop for a month and this started all over again. But is had never left just mild. right now i'm taking Zentac it works just a little bit. I dont like taking meds, I can't believe is been four months since this happen to me. Oh Well Posted ImageLet's all of us... Posted Image get better soon!

#8 Belax

Belax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:42 AM

Yeah, my Aunt has that problem. I never get acid in my E except when I belch.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here