Advertisement

Photo

Start feeling good again the way life is supposed to be.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mimosa

Mimosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:11 PM

Advertisement
Hello everyone,I was wondering if anyone would like to try an all natural product called Vemma. Vemma is good for many ailments such as acid reflux, arthritis,multiple scerosis, fibromyaglia,constipation, migraines, allergies, and ibs. It is also good for menstrual cramps as my sister found out since she used to suffer horribly from them, but since she has been taking Vemma they are now in the past. It is also good for boosting energy as well,plus it tastes great. If you have been looking for a natural remedy with no side effects than you have found it.Be a support for one another by helping each other find something that can help one get better. You will never know if it works or not if you don't try it. What do you say? You have nothing to lose but pain and good health to gain.I believe in taking all natural products because they don't have side effects like much of the prescription drugs do. Who wants to end up with something worse than what they already have? The object is to get better and I mean 100% better by feeling good.For more information about Vemma visit this website: http://www.myvemma.com/maaHere is a testimonial from Donna who uses Vemma and how it has helped her.I personally have had phenomenal results since I started taking Mangosteen+ Minerals.I had heartburn almost daily, many headaches, agonizing pain from tennis elbow & gout, little pebbles in my stools that caused bleeding hemorrhoids. I had hypothyroidism,packed on 40 1lbs, was severely depressed and found that I was crying a lot. I had been diagnosed as hypothyroid through a blood test at a 9 News Health Fair heldin Colorado back in April 2002. The Dr. told me I would need to take thyroid medicationfor the rest of my life. When I ask her if the thyroid could heal itself through alternativemethods like exercise, eating right etc. she said “there were no known studies”.I tried synthroid for 3 days, hated the way I felt & didn’t like what I read about sideeffects of synthetic hormone replacement for the thyroid gland (13% bone loss).At 43 years of age I didn’t want any bone loss. I challenged myself and decided I wouldbe a study & my search began for an alternative. I lived with those symptoms for severalyears until I discovered Mangosteen+ Minerals in September of 2004.Normal thyroid stimulating hormone is between 0.40-5.5. The Dr. said I was way off thecharts at 78. Again in 2003 still off the charts at 50. I received a phone call April 27th , 2005 from 9 news health fair. They call me every year a few days after the blood test to report that I have a thyroid condition and ask me if I am on medication. I say no, what are my numbers? Joe said 15.99. I had to call back to make sure she didn’t say 50.99. She assured! me it was 15.99. Needless to say I am thrilled with these results. Many of my symptoms are disappearing. Cold hands & feet, heartburn, tennis elbow, gout is a tiny echo every now & again. I have my energy back, I notice I sleep really good and more important, I wake up feeling rested. My bowels are moving much better. For the most part those tiny little pebbles have been replaced with good healthy POOP. According to Mark Victor Hansen healthy poop should look like this. He calls it the 4 F’s “Foot long fawn colored fluffy floaters”. Thanks to the Vemma Nutrition Program & thanks to my sister Cathy Wendte who introduced me to Vemma, I am regaining my health. Donna Reardon Take care everyone! Wishing everyone good health!

Advertisement

#2 Healthwise

Healthwise

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:11 AM

You are trying to tell us that healthy poop should be a foot long, float, be fluffy (whatever that means) and the color of Bambi? I am still boggling at the thought of having a foot long stool everytime I go. I don't think elephants even have stools that long, do they? Most stools do not float unless they have a lot of fat or air in them. Fluffy, I cannot even discuss, since my stools are nice and firm, and fluffy reminds me of cake frosting (a rather gross analogy).Since I live in a major city, I haven't seen many deer recently, but most stools are brown, if that is what you are implying. In highschool we boys also have a 4 F's saying related to girls, but it was much too lewd to repeat here.

#3 Fed Up

Fed Up

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:32 PM

Ooh, not sure about this one!

#4 Mimosa

Mimosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:11 PM

I'm not going to start an argument because I know that is what some people want. I don't understand the mentality people have thinking someone is making money off of them. There is nothing in life that you can get for free. Everytime I go to the grocery store to buy food or to the department store to buy clothes someone makes money off of me. The prescription drug companies are also making money off of people and I don't see anyone whining and crying about that.If you don't want to try the product than don't. Know one is making you. It's totally up to you. All I know is someone was kind enough to share it with me and I am glad that they did. As I used to be tired all the time since I have been taking Vemma it has tremendously boosted my energy. My mom is also taking it because she has low energy too. ( I think I got it from her) Posted Image She also says it has helped her tremendously also. I think it is a blessing because I wanted to take something that is natural.I'm glad I didn't listen to other people tell me what not to try because if I did I wouldn't have discovered the benefits of Vemma. Also, I would be missing out on many good things in life if I let other people tell me what I should do all the time.

#5 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,803 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

Unfortunately one of the problems is that people do sell products that are "dietary supplements" where they do not have to prove it does anything to anyone at any time for obscene amounts of money using marketing campains that are very bogus (like claims about what healthy biology are that don't match anything seen in science, but make the product sound good, or make everyone believe they are sick when they are normal). Yet they all claim that everyone but them is out to make money off of desparate sick people Posted ImageThe "evil" drug companines have to at least do studies to show it does something before they can sell it.Anyone can go to the jungle, or their back yard, grab any plant they want say the natives used it to cure everything and sell it for obscene amounts of money and until it kills a bunch of people no one can do anything about it. You think NO ONE has ever taken advantage of a system set up like that?Heck most of the time they don't even have to prove to anyone that the stuff they say on the label is in fact what is in the product (although some companies are good and submit to places like Consumer Labs to get independant verification that what is in the pill matches what is on the label, but usually they do the random grab a bunch of stuff off the shelf tests, half the stuff either has the wrong herb, or the wrong amount, or toxic stuff not mentioned on the label like lead).You have to remember. IBSers are one of the targetted groups for every single quack product that has ever been devised. As are most chronic hard to treat ailments.It does tend to make IBSers a tad cynical. K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#6 Mimosa

Mimosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:44 PM

Nowadays, you can't claim something helps something if it doesn't. You can be sued if you say it helps something and it doesn't. The drug companies medications have a lot of side effects. It treats the condition but it can cause side effects. For example they have a medication for nail fungus. Nail fungus is not life threatening but the side effects you can get from taking that medication are. It said it can cause liver problems.Some of the medications have caused people to have complications. You can research a company if you want to find out if there is something that you think is fishy about them. You can go to the bbb or the http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/ So, it's no excuse for people to be fooled these days.

#7 Healthwise

Healthwise

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa:Nowadays, you can't claim something helps something if it doesn't. You can be sued if you say it helps something and it doesn't. The drug companies medications have a lot of side effects. It treats the condition but it can cause side effects. For example they have a medication for nail fungus. Nail fungus is not life threatening but the side effects you can get from taking that medication are. It said it can cause liver problems.Some of the medications have caused people to have complications. You can research a company if you want to find out if there is something that you think is fishy about them. You can go to the bbb or the http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/ So, it's no excuse for people to be fooled these days.
Hmmmmm.....perhaps you cannot claim a medical drug cannot help something, but there are a lot of wild claims made by Alternative Medicines related to natural mysterious potions and herbs that supposedly produce miracles. The rules for Health Store products seems very more lax than for a drug that goes through a thorough testing phase and still may have unexpected results on 1 person out of 100,000. I don't trust anything Alternative Medicine says, since they remind me of the old "docs" who in the wild west of the 1800s would go from western town to western town in a wagon selling a potion made to heal all problems. Mostly it was a little axil grease, castor oil, and a lot of alcohol.Here is a great url to review the current Essential Oil craze in Alternative Medicine:http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/young.html

#8 guangs

guangs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:45 AM

That is where "snake oil" came from. snake oil tinnitus therapy, cure tinnitus in 4 weeks etc. cure ibs now etc.

#9 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,803 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:09 AM

Mimosa--Natural products also have side effects, sometimes fatal. But all over the internet you see claims that stuff that has KNOWN side effects can't possibly have any side effects because its natural you see. BY LAW, they do not have to prove either safety or efficacy to the goverment before they can sell it. As long as it is a dietary supplement they can sell it without government reviewed saftey testing (I am sure some companies do actually test things, just some do not) and all the government can regulate is what they put on the bottle as to what they say it does. Now sales people often say all kinds of things you can't put on the label. If the government can prove that people died from it and enough people died (or were harmed...I mean you noticed they banned ephedra, or are you saying none of those peopled died or were harmed) then they can remove it from the market. At least the pharmaceutical industry has to warn you when what they are selling is a liver toxin (Kava has been banned in some European countries for liver toxicity, although getting it banned in the US will probably be next to impossible and take at least several decades to get done, Europe has much tighter regulations of natural products)They do have to be careful about what they can claim, but if you read the FTC and FDA actions against Natural Products selling companies you see they spend a lot of time forcing companies to take claims they are not allowed to make off their websites and out of their ads for the product.While there may be no excuse for people being fooled by quacks and con men and people in nigeria who will give you a share of 150 million dollars, all evidence suggests people are not significantly taking advantage of the resources to keep from being fooled. If they were all the cons would dry up and go away as people would make no money from them.Now there are plenty of Natural products I use and recommend, but I make sure people know the good the bad and the ugly about them.K.
Ph.D in Biology

#10 Mimosa

Mimosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:12 AM

Kathy and Healthwise,I guess we agree to disagree Posted Image. You all prefer prescription drugs and I prefer alternative medicine. I think one would prefer to find something that can help them feel better. No one wants to take medication for the rest of their lives. A lot of diseases can be controlled through diet and exercise. Even though I do believe Vemma is a good product. I'm not saying just take that. I think one should take Vemma and also make changes in one's lifestyle especially if they have a serious condition.A lot of people want a quick fix to their conditions. You didn't get the condition that you have overnight. It took time for you to get it. So, you are not going to get rid of it overnight. You have to give your body time to heal itself. For instance if one decides to try Vemma it is recommended that they stay on it for 6 months to a year.It is your body and your health. If you are happy taking prescription drugs than keep taking them. But don't try to discourage someone if they want to go a different route that's all I'm saying. Everyone has to be careful these days because even some doctors don't always want the best for their patients.I personally think one's goal should be to ultimately to heal oneself completely of what condition that they have but this is my opinion.

#11 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,803 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

You read me totally wrong.There are some things that some alternative practices/drug (aka herbs) are very good for.Use some myself.Some prescription meds are very good. Use some myself.Prescription is much more highly regulated that "Natural" and much easier to get the whole truth about. They have clinical trial data and have to put the side effects of things, etc.Much of this regulation and clinical testing is missing for the vast majority of natural products.Some of them are good for somethings, but you as a consumer have to take a much bigger leap of faith that the product/practics A) does what it says it can do and :( is safe to use, either in general for anybody or for your particular situation (like does it interact with your drugs, should you stop taking it 15 days before surgery because you could bleed more than usual)Yep, I get from your arguements that it appearst you are in the "true believer" camp in the alt med side of things. That is OK.I look at both sides from objective, data based, view point. I am clear on what the law requires and what it lets people get away with.I don't want to see people hurt by either allopathic or alternative medication because they didn't get all the information. It is much much harder to get the info on alt. med. Like I said. Use Alt med for some things where I am clear it has an effect (I can find a paper where they tested it on actualy humans not what it does in a test-tube) Arginine is one. Peppermint is something else I use.Really I want people to be JUST AS CAREFUL about what the doctor tells them as what some sales person trying to get to the next level in their MLM tells them.Really.K.
Ph.D in Biology

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here