Advertisement

Photo

My Pharmacist says IBS is caused by computers??

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 JenS

JenS

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 10:41 AM

Advertisement
Yesterday, I went over to the local Eckerd's to pick up a refill of Bentyl. The pharmacist asked me "Why do you take these"? I told him that I IBS, and many days upset stomach. He then asked "Do you work with a computer?" I told him that I sit at a computer all day at work. He said that is the problem.Do you agree? Is there reserach behind this?

Advertisement

#2 friski

friski

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:00 AM

I have never heard anything like that! People try to blame everything on computers or cell phones or whatever else they can think of. Posted Image

#3 friski

friski

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:00 AM

I have never heard anything like that! People try to blame everything on computers or cell phones or whatever else they can think of. Posted Image

#4 Guest_sorebelly_*

Guest_sorebelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:18 AM

How ridiculous! Add your pharmacist to the long list of "professionals" that are CLUELESS. Posted Image BTW, I was diagnosed with IBS long before I had a computer at home or at work. Happy New Year!

#5 Guest_sorebelly_*

Guest_sorebelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:18 AM

How ridiculous! Add your pharmacist to the long list of "professionals" that are CLUELESS. Posted Image BTW, I was diagnosed with IBS long before I had a computer at home or at work. Happy New Year!

#6 HereIam

HereIam

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:46 AM

Wow, I thought I'd heard it all!!! Would love to hear the pharmacist's reasoning behind his conclusion.
Life is Not a Free Lunch.

#7 HereIam

HereIam

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:46 AM

Wow, I thought I'd heard it all!!! Would love to hear the pharmacist's reasoning behind his conclusion.
Life is Not a Free Lunch.

#8 LotronexLover

LotronexLover

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 12:50 PM

I had IBS way before even being near a computer. He was just probably pulling your leg.

#9 LotronexLover

LotronexLover

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 12:50 PM

I had IBS way before even being near a computer. He was just probably pulling your leg.

#10 Fay

Fay

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 01:32 PM

I doubt there even were computers around when I first had my D-attacks about 28 years ago! Tell him he's very wrong!Fay Posted Image

#11 Fay

Fay

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 01:32 PM

I doubt there even were computers around when I first had my D-attacks about 28 years ago! Tell him he's very wrong!Fay Posted Image

#12 jenjen

jenjen

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:06 PM

i work at a doctor's office and deal with pharmacists all day long. some of them are really stupid! like, its amazing they graduated. i mean, come on! computers? people had IBS long before computers existed. oh, man! thats the silliest thing i've ever heard!whats his number? i'd love to hear what causes headaches! Posted Image jj

#13 jenjen

jenjen

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:06 PM

i work at a doctor's office and deal with pharmacists all day long. some of them are really stupid! like, its amazing they graduated. i mean, come on! computers? people had IBS long before computers existed. oh, man! thats the silliest thing i've ever heard!whats his number? i'd love to hear what causes headaches! Posted Image jj

#14 JennT

JennT

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:17 PM

Maybe he's oversimplifying - I suppose that computers and other sedentary tasks could cause it in that I'm sitting all day and getting no exercise...
JennT

"I know there are people out there who do not love their fellow human beings. I hate people like that"
-Tom Lehrer

#15 JennT

JennT

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:17 PM

Maybe he's oversimplifying - I suppose that computers and other sedentary tasks could cause it in that I'm sitting all day and getting no exercise...
JennT

"I know there are people out there who do not love their fellow human beings. I hate people like that"
-Tom Lehrer

#16 DGGinNYC

DGGinNYC

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:33 PM

...and frogs cause warts and there's nothing a good bloodletting won't cure.Was this guy trained by Hypocrates personally?

#17 DGGinNYC

DGGinNYC

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:33 PM

...and frogs cause warts and there's nothing a good bloodletting won't cure.Was this guy trained by Hypocrates personally?

#18 Guest_4willieC_*

Guest_4willieC_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, I had IBS a looonnnnggg time before I ever was near a computer. Most pharmacists may actually be less qualified to comment on IBS than most of us are. Perhaps his comment was meant to imply that inactivity is often an exacerbatory factor in IBS..that I can buy. Exercise and activity is certainly preferable to sitting around in front of a computer or TV.

#19 Guest_4willieC_*

Guest_4willieC_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, I had IBS a looonnnnggg time before I ever was near a computer. Most pharmacists may actually be less qualified to comment on IBS than most of us are. Perhaps his comment was meant to imply that inactivity is often an exacerbatory factor in IBS..that I can buy. Exercise and activity is certainly preferable to sitting around in front of a computer or TV.

#20 JennT

JennT

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 03:32 PM

4willieC, that's what I meant - you just stated it better!
JennT

-Tom Lehrer

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here