Advertisement

Photo

Feels like I have a brick in my stomach!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Marine Mom

Marine Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:01 AM

Advertisement
Hi everyone--This site has been so helpful to me as I am newly diagnoised--but a sufferer for years. Just didnt know what it was!The calcuim has helped so much..thanks! My question this morning is. does anyone ever feel like they have just eaten a large thanksgiving dinner when in reality you have had a very small meal? This morning I had a small bowl of rice checks (About 1 cup) and a banana and some skim milk. after about 30 minutes it felt like it is just sitting in my stomach..just over my belly button..this is where I get most of my stomach aches too. I feel better eating very very small meals.. Is this common? And also is excessive gas also common..I feel like a helium ballon!! Thanks for any help..

Advertisement

#2 Lagomorph

Lagomorph

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:26 PM

I get that brick-in-the-stomach feeling too sometimes. I'm not sure why. I have always been very gassy. Before I was diagnosed with IBS I thought the gas was just from certain foods. But I have gas all the time no matter what I eat.

#3 Guest_ArizonaJnz_*

Guest_ArizonaJnz_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:27 PM

Yup, that's the same feeling I get. You didn't mention..........do you have constipation and/or diareah? Just wondered because I don't, not bothered with one or the other. I have this feeling of bloating and "the brick" as you described in the tummy above naval. Then if I eat carelessly (fatty stuff) it just intensifies. None of my complaints are PAIN, just total big time discomfort. Please write more about how you feel. I am not officially diagnosed with IBS yet, but wonder......

#4 Lynn

Lynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:01 PM

Hi, I get that too. I can hardly eat anything without feeling extremely full. It feels like I have to burp but can't. When I do manage to burp I feel much better. They did every test imaginable with me and since they were normal they said I had IBS. I think I have had IBS for a long time, but those symptoms never bothered me that much, mostly constipation with diareah about once a week. It was very manageable. But this stomach thing is much worse. Can't hardly eat anything and have been losing weight like crazy. I don't have much pain to speak of just a little. I am trying a new GI doctor June 9th. Does anyone have any idea what this could be or what to try? Thanks.

#5 Vena

Vena

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:15 PM

I also have this brick feeling!! About a year before I started having C and was diagnosed with IBS, my appetite disappeared. I pretty much am never hungry, although my psychological appetite is huge -- I always wish I was hungry so I could eat something yummy. I have told my doc that I am concerned about having no appetite but she said we should worry about fixing the C first.But yes, I feel I have much less stomach capacity than I used to -- can't eat a whole Chipotle burrito anymore, and can't go out to restaurants for big meals -- I usually just "share" with my mom and pick off her plate. What is up with this? I miss being hungry...and have lost weight too. Boo.

#6 Lynn

Lynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:34 PM

Vena, I miss being hungry too. I think of old times when I used to look forward to going out to eat. My husband is being so patient with me. Please let us know if they find out a reason for this. I will let you know also.

#7 joolie

joolie

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:05 PM

i find with my ibs that no matter what i eat i still feel soooo hungry, before i started watching my diet i could eat a 3 course indian and an hour later still feel so hungry, this was not all in my mind i felt genuinely hungry, ive never quite understood this Posted Image Posted Image
joolie :)

#8 Lagomorph

Lagomorph

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

I'm always hungry too, no matter how big of a meal I eat.

#9 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,904 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:21 PM

When I had the always hungries it was not the IBS causing it.I had gastritis we think from NSAIDs. A couple of months of Nexium and it was gone.K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#10 Marine Mom

Marine Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

Hi everyone..Well it looks like we are all in the same boat! I have IBS-d and I eat very small meals. If I go without eating because I am just not hungry at all..I feel worse. Once I have a meal after not eating for the day..wow..do I get a stomache ache and my stomach ( actually I think it is the small intestine right under the stomach and over the belly button) well anyway that just tightens up like a clenched fist and I look pregnant! Not a good look for a 58 year old Grandma! ha ha

#11 joolie

joolie

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:30 PM

lol MM i know how you feel and im only 43 Posted Image Posted Image
joolie :)

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here