1 reply to this topic

#1 LAIBS

LAIBS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:20 PM

Advertisement
So i'm going to start taking a probiotic and was wondering if anyone with IBS-D has taken the Florastor or Align and what are some experiences. I was doing research and take a look at this page: http://www.thefreeli.....?-a0156001558from this, it seems align could be better for us! Curiuos to hear first hand experiences.

Advertisement

#2 midnight1

midnight1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

I take Florastor along with Flora-Q and they've been a godsend. I had horrible bloating, gas along with the D usually 5-6 times a day. Since I started taking 2 Florastor a day and one Flora-Q my bloating and gas has totally disappeared, I noticed this as soon as the 2nd day I was on them. As to my BR trips I'm about 1-2 times a day and there's no longer any urgency. The BMs are not 100% normal (solid) but they are formed and no longer watery. Florastor is a beneficial yeast so even though it's considered a probiotic it's different and needs to be taken along with any other probiotic such as Align, Flora-Q, etc. I can't vouch for Align as I've never taken that but I'm sure Flora-Q would be it's equivalent as that's also a regular probiotic like Align.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here