10 replies to this topic

#1 Rhino1978

Rhino1978

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

Advertisement
High gang,I have recently been told by gp i have IBS.In the last four to five days i have been getting strange twitches in my lower right abdomen along with feeling quite gassy and bloated.Has anyone else had this strange twitching(around area where colon is i think)and any ideas to get rid of it please,thanks alot for listening

Advertisement

#2 Rhino1978

Rhino1978

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

Im also passing alot of gas both ends,and getting pain in tummy

#3 IBD/IBS Author

IBD/IBS Author

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

The twitiching you are feeling is most likely a spasm in your colon. Before the name Irritable Bowel Syndome came along it used to be called spastic colon because of these spasms. Check with your doctor if you are really concerned.

#4 Rhino1978

Rhino1978

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

The twitiching you are feeling is most likely a spasm in your colon. Before the name Irritable Bowel Syndome came along it used to be called spastic colon because of these spasms. Check with your doctor if you are really concerned.

thanks for the reply was getting a bit worried,and have an appiontment to see GP in the morning

#5 flux

flux

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

The twitiching you are feeling is most likely a spasm in your colon. Before the name Irritable Bowel Syndome came along it used to be called spastic colon because of these spasms.

I don't believe that is correct. The reason I have read IBS used to be called that is because the medical community naively believed at one point that the symptoms of IBS (e.g, diarrhea, constipation) were due to muscle activities similar to what occurs in a Charley Horse. It turns out that's not really the case, and so the name was dropped.See this thread for a detailed discussion on this topic here: http://www.ibsgroup....s...36&hl=spasm.
I am not a doctor, but utilize sources of information not readily available to the public. Some of this information may contradict what you think you know and some of it may sound harsh, but the information is what it is, and you got it here for free. I am just a messenger. Always consult a real doctor.

#6 nickyw_uk

nickyw_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:31 PM

Yep, I get strange twitching in my gut. I dunno what it is. If it's spasms, then I dunno why I am getting them. It pees me off because it makes me feel poorly.

#7 firstone

firstone

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

Yep, I get strange twitching in my gut. I dunno what it is. If it's spasms, then I dunno why I am getting them. It pees me off because it makes me feel poorly.

Hey man, I know exactly how you feel. My spasms are sometimes accompanied with pain and makes me feel real weak when I get these "attacks" other times its just gas, I still feel pain but when I let it out its fine. People still dont know whats causing these abnormal spasms...

#8 SalC

SalC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, I'm getting these as well.. A couple of months ago, I had some feeling of tightening that came and went in my lower right abdominal area. It went away for about a month - and now for the past few days, I feel this twitching, bloating and gassy feeling. I suppose this is IBS, huh?

#9 madge

madge

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

I've been getting this today too. It comes and goes. Feels as though there's a mouse in there or something, or that the bowel is twitching or twisting around. Very strange. I've had gas too, so I think that may be part of it, but it's kind of worrying. I've had IBS-c for about 15 years, and never had this before. I'm not as worried since some of you have mentioned it too.

#10 BQ

BQ

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

After exceptionally severe pain I will get this twitching sensation. I am always relieved when I feel it, as that means the pain will soon be gone for me. BQ
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#11 lucyinthesky7

lucyinthesky7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:10 AM

I get twitching sensations too, sometimes as if it's being pulled by a string or something? Always freaks me out!
It's not serious. No, it is. No, yes, no, yes. Argh!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here