Advertisement

Photo

is it ok to take miralax, colace and amitiza together?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nogo

nogo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

Advertisement
I used to take colace and mineral oil together and ultimately that gave me some miserable trapped gas. I subsequently found out that they shouldn't be taken together, though I don't know why. I did get relief from the combo, just gas later. Can I take miralax, colace and amitiza without side affects other than gas? Anyone do this? kinda desperate right now.

Advertisement

#2 tltrull

tltrull

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

I used to take colace and mineral oil together and ultimately that gave me some miserable trapped gas. I subsequently found out that they shouldn't be taken together, though I don't know why. I did get relief from the combo, just gas later. Can I take miralax, colace and amitiza without side affects other than gas? Anyone do this? kinda desperate right now.

From what I can tell there are no interactions to be worried about. If ever in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.http://www.drugdiges...ion/ChooseDrugs

#3 nogo

nogo

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

thanks for your response. The docs tell you to take stuff, then I read the scariest things about combining them on the label. I know, even Tylenol's warning label will scare you to death. Geesh, if only the fear of taking the stuff would scare the poop out of me, I'd be all set! LOL!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here